steering wheel rattle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shaunbhoy67
    i have a problem and was wondering what it may be when i drive and get to about 50 the steering wheel rattles, vibrates and i have being trying to figure what is wrong, wheels got changed on 3rd august so virtually new and i was thinking that they may have not being balanced properly any ideas?

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    could be balance problems, i would have them checked over

shaunbhoy67
    ye im gonna go to the garage that fitted them and get them to check, you wouldnt happen to know what time the kwik fit off the cleppy opens at do you?

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy67 View Post
    ye im gonna go to the garage that fitted them and get them to check, you wouldnt happen to know what time the kwik fit off the cleppy opens at do you?
    i would personally nip down to tayside tyres to check it.

they have a contract with BMW/MINI and are a good bunch of guys.

when are you thinking of going?

shaunbhoy67
    well it was just that they fitted them and if they have knackered it up then they can fix it, i am playing golf in kinross the morn and was hoping to try and get it done before i go but i dont think that is going to be possible, where is tayside tires anyway? would they charge also?

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    well it was just that they fitted them and if they have knackered it up then they can fix it, i am playing golf in kinross the morn and was hoping to try and get it done before i go but i dont think that is going to be possible, where is tayside tires anyway? would they charge also?
    well... i would maybe nip back to them seeing as they fitted them, just tell them the situation and it only happened after they fitted them.

if no luck, i can meet you and speak to one of the guys and see what can be arranged

shaunbhoy67
    cool cheers david i will do that and see what they say if no luck then i will pop round and see you at jc's

GCA3N
    I had this once. stopped and checked , the garage had not tightened up the wheel nuts properly on one of the front wheels, shocking.

shaunbhoy67
    funny you mentioning that i may check that as i never checked it but the guy said come back after a certain amount of miles to check but surely they can tighten them without you having to go back and get them checked, if that is the case me is not going to be happy

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    funny you mentioning that i may check that as i never checked it but the guy said come back after a certain amount of miles to check but surely they can tighten them without you having to go back and get them checked, if that is the case me is not going to be happy
    Usually after getting new tyres or at least when you have the wheels off the trye company will put a disclaimer on your passenger seat to re-tighten the wheel nuts after 50 miles or so