Winter Project

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    baptie
    those A Panels and Scuttle look great compared to mine.
    Great start Ian, keep pics of progress coming coming

Another classic getting saved woohoo!!!
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

N12 JLK
    Will have a good look next weekend.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Well had to purchase 2x genuine front wings, 2x genuine A-panels, 2x genuine front seam covers and 2x rear lower valance seam covers.

Hopefully thats it for the moment.

Also found out that the car left the factory with bonnet stripes and a white roof and mirrors. The old lady that owned it didnt want it looking sporty. It will be going back to white as per factory spec.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    any update on this Ian ?

Car
    Update is wallet is lighter than I had hoped it would be.

Since I stripped it down it has been trailored away to the bodyshop that I like to use. Its a one man outfit with good personal service. He has done a fair bit of work for me before and I have also done valets and a detail for him so he is doing me a good price, however as a result I told him just to work on it when he gets the time.
    Graeme has told me when I spoke to him the other day (about another job, im not pestering him for the mini ) that I should have it back mid-end Dec.

Then it will be a case of cleaning everything and putting the car back together. Then I want to get it up on axle stands for a month or so and get the underneath spotless and send the wheels away to get refurbed.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Update is wallet is lighter than I had hoped it would be.

Since I stripped it down it has been trailored away to the bodyshop that I like to use. Its a one man outfit with good personal service. He has done a fair bit of work for me before and I have also done valets and a detail for him so he is doing me a good price, however as a result I told him just to work on it when he gets the time.
    Graeme has told me when I spoke to him the other day (about another job, im not pestering him for the mini ) that I should have it back mid-end Dec.

Then it will be a case of cleaning everything and putting the car back together. Then I want to get it up on axle stands for a month or so and get the underneath spotless and send the wheels away to get refurbed.

Don't need to ask that you've been taking pics as you go along, can't wait to see the finished article.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Don't need to ask that you've been taking pics as you go along, can't wait to see the finished article.
    At the moment it just looks like it did when I stripped it down except its got loads of dust on it as its been sitting in the corner of the bodyshop for a month.

I will get Graeme to take some pics when he cuts the panels off. They always look strange when they have no front end on.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Cool. Looking forward to seeing it painted...

Car
    OK so got a call from Graeme the other night to pop up and see him.

Good news is that the inner arches are fine. Doors will be fine as well and the front panel is fine so dont need to change it.
    Just the A panels and the wings.

Pics at the moment

Going to have to pop up after work tonight and do some work to it for Graeme. He needs the dash out so that the repair to the scuttle can be done and I want to remove the wires and pipes etc from the front inner wings so that they can be painted as well.

Will take more pics after I have done this.