Winter Project

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Just bought myself a wee 2000 X Cooper Classic in red.

1 owner car with 27k and full rover History with a pile of reciepts.

It was sold new by Nobles and the woman traded it in there at the weekend. I spotted it lying round the back so spoke to Dave Noble and he said I could make him a bid for it if I was interested.
    took a good look round it last night, wee drive and deal done.

Mechanically it is perfect but bodywork is pretty rough.

The old lady has been parking it off walls and other cars I think and due to leaving it out all the time and using over winters it needs a bit welding done to the front inner arches where it meets the sill.
    Def needs 1 A panel but it may need a door skin due to a dent with corossion starting at it. Going to try and grind the corrosion on the door down but if its bad, new skin.

Everything will need painted except the roof.

Plan on starting to strip everything down this weekend.

Its currently residing along with the Calibra in my folks double garage (yes they love me )

Only pic I have at present taken with my phone just before I took her home

Follow this thread over the next 3-4 months for the full restoration jobby.

GCA3N
    looking forward to seeing the shiniest classic ever.

euan
    Don't do this to me Ian - you'll have me wanting a classic again :-) With the work we're doing to our house my garage will only be big enough for a classic!

baptie
    Nice one, I was kind ahoping to get the front end of my Paul Msith over the winter......we wait with baited breathe

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Excellent

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Looking good Ian
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Look forward to seeing the results. If you ever fancy a helper for any of the work, let me know.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Very nice Ian Looking forward to reading about the restoration

Just Jade
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Stewart View Post
    Very nice Ian Looking forward to reading about the restoration
    Me too :)

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    OK so I got a chance on Saturday to strip a fair bit of the mini down.

It defo needs 2x A panels and the front seam covers and the 2 rear lower seam covers so I ordered these along with decal sets from minispares.
    Ordered the proper heritage panels as they are a much better fit.

It may need a near side wing as well but will wait to see what the panel beater says when he gets it.

Some pics of the car just before I started to strip it.

all 4 wheels will need refurbed as they have all been kissing kerb stones

fuel tank out as well

not the worst scuttle I have had but its not the best either. Think it should repair OK though

Car should be getting trailored away in a couple of weeks and will be getting worked on by the body shop over a couple of months when they have slots available as Im not in a big rush for it back.
    Just need to scrape the pennies together to pay the bill as its gonna be £££. Anyone want any detailing done???
    Last edited by ianking; 23rd September 2009 at 07:34 PM.