Car cleaning products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Got all the packing finished today so got my new auto glym kit out to give the car a wee treat. To be honest it was not really dirty to start with, certainly not in the same league as a certain somebody.
    Started with the AG bodywork shampoo and conditioner followed by ag super resin polish and ag ultra deep shine. Tried the ag bumper care on all the plastic trim( which was very good) again used ag fast glass on windows etc. Moved on to the inside and done ag leather care on leather. Finished off with poor boys world wheel sealant and chemical guys trim gel on tyres.

Wanted to try doing a thread on the iPhone using pics taken as I type up the thread. Pics not of the best quality but seems to work quite well. This brings me on to one of the other reasons why I wanted to type up this thread.

Everyone has there products that they use the ones they have tried and the ones that work best with them but here is my questions would appreciate everyones opinion.

There are Categories i want folks to enter their product choice
    1. Best car shampoo
    2. Best wax
    3. Best trim cleaner
    4. Best glass cleaner
    5. Best tyre dresser
    6. Best wheel cleaner

I could go on but these in my opinion are the esentials for cleaning the car (outside only)

I have used alot of different stuff so I will keep my choices out of it

IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG

GCA3N
    Ok so the iPhone pics don't seem to work but would still like every ones opinion.

Resident old yin.
    Of the products I have tried, here are my faves (some comments about other products too)

1. Best car shampoo
    The green Zymol stuff from Halfords.
    Autoglym wash - good too.

2. Best wax
    Collinte 476 - easy to apply, very durable.
    Others:
    P21S - nice finish but seems to attract dust and does not last very well.
    Klasse AIO (polish sealant) - durable, gives a sort of clinical finish on its own.
    Autoglym SRP - dusty and a total nuisance on MINI trim.
    Autoglym EGP - nice finish, doddle to use but also stains trim.
    MINI liquid wax (supplied with MINI rucksack) I liked using this, very easy to apply.
    Meguiars NXT - not great to use and finish poor
    Meguiars Gold class wax - as above

3. Best trim cleaner
    Not yet found one I like. All hard work and can be greasy, run and finish does not last.

4. Best glass cleaner
    ?

5. Best tyre dresser
    Again, not a fan of this stuff. Any I have tried last a day or two and can leave greasy runs on wheels, flick onto paint etc.

6. Best wheel cleaner
    No need, wash my wheels every week and apply wax every couple of months.

1. Best car shampoo = Duragloss 901
    2. Best wax = H'mm--- Dodo Supernatural
    3. Best trim cleaner = AG best used once the container has been sitting in hottish water for a wee while
    4. Best glass cleaner= stoners invisible glass
    5. Best tyre dresser = Boot Polish
    6. Best wheel cleaner = if the wheels have been done treated correct then just the shampoo you wash the car in
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    1. Best car shampoo = Duragloss 901
    2. Best wax = Zymol Concourse
    3. Best trim cleaner = Chemical guys new look trim gel
    4. Best glass cleaner= Jeffs prime strong
    5. Best tyre dresser = Blackfire tyre gel
    6. Best wheel cleaner = Autosmart smart wheels non acidic

Ally S
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    5. Best tyre dresser = Boot Polish
    Ah, that must be what the garage used on mine when I got it. I had to chuck my old sponge as it quickly went black

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    1. Best car shampoo - AG Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
    2. Best wax - Collinite 915, closely followed by Collinite 476S
    3. Best trim cleaner - don't use any - just add a liquid wax to protect the clean trim after washing
    4. Best glass cleaner - AG Fast Glass
    5. Best tyre dresser - Barton Chemicals Coconut Sheen
    6. Best wheel cleaner - Megs Wheel Brightner

dezzyS
    1. Best car shampoo - Poorboy's Super Slick n Suds
    2. Best wax - Poorboy's Natty's Carnuba Paste wax
    3. Best trim cleaner - Poorboy's Natural Look
    4. Best glass cleaner - Just clean with shampoo and then polish with Autoglym Glass Polish
    5. Best tyre dresser - Poorboy's Bold n Bright
    6. Best wheel cleaner - Again, mainly just use shampoo. If you you keep your wheels sealed with something like Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, you really shouldn't need a wheel cleaner. If I have stubborn brake dust, I'd use some R222 Autowash. For stubborn tar on wheels, some Autosmart Tardis. Glue from wheel balancing weights - best using clay to remove this.

Craig
    3. Best trim cleaner - don't use any - just add a liquid wax to protect the clean trim after washing

what product do you use ?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by joec73 View Post
    Craig

what product do you use ?
    I use a really cheap product - Turtle Wax Speed Wax. Comes in a green spray bottle for about £4. It works great for me. The downside is you have to start with good looking trim, but if you do, then I have never had problems.