Claire Bear - From the 'Shire

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Claire_Bear
    Hi All,

Names Claire, stay approx 30mins from Glasgow.

Purchased my Mini Cooper S on the 28th May 2009.

Loved every minute while driving it. Such a fun car :)

Pity the Harry Fairbairn Giffnock Garage have made it such a miserable process.

At the moment I've not done anything to it. Just a decal on the side.

Will get some pics up within the next few days.

Forgot the spec

Black-Eye Purple
    1.6 S
    06 Plate
    22K on the clock
    Panoramic sunroof

Problems to date: spoiler had to be resprayed (burnt through paint when polished by Giffnock), rear drivers quarter panel scuffed by Giffnock, 3 different makes of tyres... courtesy of Giffnock, no lockin nut provided, broken sunroof... That is all - I think
    Last edited by Claire_Bear; 16th August 2009 at 07:07 PM.

TheDoctor46

and yes, get some pics up asap!!! Whats the problem with the dealer that made the process sooo bad??

Claire_Bear
    Customer service hasn't been upto much at all to be fair.

Got the mini with a lot of problems, theres a wee list above.

At the moment I'm running a Dunlop on the left side and a Pirelli on the right. A dunlop on the rear left and a goodyear on the back right. So... I was a bit puzzled when I drove the car home and felt a pull to the left. I put it back in to the Giffnock garage. They had "fixed" it. I drove it home. Still pulled. Then I saw the tyres and though... oh... that may be the problem.

So I managed to twist their arm and get a locking nut from them at the weekend there so I'll be changing the two dunlops to the front to see if it makes a difference.

It's made my mini adventure a rather poor one :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mini1.jpg   Mini.jpg  

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hi and Welcome…..So when you say your paint etc burnt and scuffed was this done after you purchased it and when they were prepping it for you. Only ask as I’m putting my wee Cooper in for a service there and going to ask then not to touch it other than the service. The cars on the front lot are a total mess. I bought my car from Menzies and I told them just to leave it, I did not want it cleaned..

The person receiving the car will be getting told there is no dents or scuffs…
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Claire_Bear
    I'd tell them not to touch it. You know your car and know how to clean it to your standard.

My rear quarter looks like it's been washed with a brillo pad. Yummy! Lol.

This was done to the car during "prep"

I inspected the Mini before purchase and after purchase. It was like night and day.

It's a shame because the purple is a really nice colour but it feels ruined now. Just superficial though. It can be fixed.

Personally I would not goto the Giffnock garage ever again unless I absolutely had to. Im avoiding it at all costs.

They sell cars well but the after care is poor.

If it's just in for a standard service it should be ok but be sure to check your mileage before you put it in. My mini had extra mileage on it when I got it back.

GOOD LUCK!!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Looks very nice and welcome to NMS.Sure mayb I seen you last sunday
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Claire_Bear
    Thanks

You seen me?!

Not sure where I was last Sunday. Can't really remember what I had for tea tonight never mind last Sunday lol.

Think you stay a bit away from me? I'm over the West Coast.

You can't be surprised by the poor show at fairbairns when you take into account it's just another arnold clark garage.

That being said, I use Fairbairn's Irvine dealership for servicing etc when I'm at home and they're pretty damn good for aftersales!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I was heading through to the west on the M74 was a BEP cooper s prob wasent you just that thers not alot about
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Claire_Bear
    To be fair. When I went to Irvine on Sunday the guy at the parts department was helpful.

I'll be taking my mini to the Irvine branch for a service in a month or so. It's just down the road from me. First service since I bought it so glad to hear they're better than Giffnock.