Perthshire June Cruise: Sunday the 8th June

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Linda M
    MINI2.com / Newminiscotland.co.uk

Scottish Perthshire MINI Cruise – Sunday the 8th June

The main thread and list will go up on MINI2 later today !

OK folks, Willie and I have been back out in the Scottish countryside putting together another run just for us MINI freaks. It’ll take the same form as the festive run and at lunch Willie hopes to have a quiz put together seeing as they’re proving popular. Goes without saying we’ve tried to pick real MINI driving roads. We’ve done two recces so far and a third will get done in May as we keep sourcing out these ‘great’ roads. I just have to add that the scenery is stunning from start to finish!!

We have decided that for the sake of safety and organisation, if need be we will limit the numbers to a max of 30 MINI’s.

The route will start at Stirling services at 10.00am and the first stage will take us up to Dunkeld where we will stop for lunch. Then we head up to Pitlochry, down to Aberfeldy and finishing the day at the Famous Grouse Whisky Experience in Crieff at about 4.30pm. We will hardly be using ‘main’ roads, keeping away from the beaten track but we don’t want to give ‘too much’ away right now.

Approx mileage for the day will be 130.

Directions will be available to download nearer the time.

Rules of the Cruise

This is a ‘cruise’ with the utmost emphasis being on keeping in a convoy. We want everyone to enjoy the roads and scenery but most of all it’s to be a relaxing day out for everyone. This is not a thrash, blast or a speed freak run. This does not mean no fun. No one should overtake the lead car at anytime. Due to junctions etc, it is likely that splits will form so we will be slowing down frequently to make sure everyone has time to catch up and re-join the convoy. We think the beauty of a MINI outing is the convoy as nothing beats seeing a group of MINI’s together!!!!. You must always have a MINI in your sights.

It takes time and planning to organise MINI outings and we want to make sure everyone has a wonderful FUN MINI ADVENTURE.

The organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or death incurred as a result of this event. It is assumed that all participants have adequate insurance, road tax and driving licences.

Please make sure that you have a full tank of fuel.
    It is recommended that you zero your trip counter at the start.

Julz
    Would we actually be going through Pitlochry cause at that time of year it'll be manic and we're guaranteed to lose Duncan! Can I maybe suggest the B898 past Dalguise as that road is fandabbydosy! and you come out towards Feldy! I'm not interfering (I hope!) I just know how bad Pitlochry gets with bloody foreigners!:)

Linda M
    It's ok Julz, we're not going through Pitlochry for the same reason you mentioned 'tourist season' :)

Fontal
    OHHHHHHHH put my name down for one of the 30 cars, I will be there :):)
    oh o me getting to excited all ready

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Would we actually be going through Pitlochry cause at that time of year it'll be manic and we're guaranteed to lose Duncan!
    Thanks Julz, but i'm not too bad on the roads around Pitsnottery - i've spent a fair bit of time dodging work driving about the back roads there.

The Sma' Glen road is great fun in a non-turbo non-power steering Yellow Sherpa!

Linda M
    Main thread and list is now up on MINI2, please add your name there :)

Fontal
    Ill take it the date is set in stone, so I can go and book hollidays, boat, chip, digs,
    Hope I havn't forgotten somthing :)

Richard

Linda M
    That will be the date Richard even if everyone pulls out and it's only us
    As you would've seen on the main thread I'm trying to get a Saturday night pre-cruise meal going. If you were up for it there are 2 travel lodges at the restaurant I'm going to use and that way it would only be a 15mins convoy to the start of the run on the Sunday.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Linda, can you tell me what the phone number for the hotel is so that Andy (Bad Manners) and I can book accomodation :)

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Linda, can you tell me what the phone number for the hotel is so that Andy (Bad Manners) and I can book accomodation :)Bonnie Scotland
    See MINI2 thread Alan :)