A little warm here today....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigcoyote
    Slide rock wouldn't be bad ... if you could fight your way though all the other people trying to cool off. Tubing the Salt ..... no way in that heat - you end up looking like burnt toast by the end of the day.

My X-wife lives near Knox road in Chandler - that is too creepy.

Yesterday was miserable - I think the "official" high was 116 or something - but the truck temp gauge did not get below 120 all afternoon. Just nasty out - The little one & I tried to cool off in the pool - but the water was in the 90's.....not much cooling off in there.

Years ago the "official" temp at the airport got above 120 - hit 122 one day. The airport did a ground stop - halted all flights, because the takeoff tables only went up to 119 - they delayed all the takeoffs untill the temp got back down to 119 or less. It was a mess.

I tubed the salt last week in temps like that, it's nice adn cool down there. No burnage for me

The other problem with high temps aside from the takeoff tables only going that high is the air isn't dense enough to generate enough lift to get off the ground and the low air density also wrecks your engines' performance.

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    The other problem with high temps aside from the takeoff tables only going that high is the air isn't dense enough to generate enough lift to get off the ground and the low air density also wrecks your engines' performance.
    I'll keep that in mind and be scared whenever taking off in hot countries then

Don't worry about it, a pilot won't attempt to take off unless it's safe to do so. You're in safe hands.