New Front Tyres

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Only thing I can fault is that the tread seems to be going down awful quick ha
    That could be more to do with your Driving style Ryan

Going to see the difference in price between the T1-R's and the Proxy CF1's before getting them changed.

I'll hav eto stick with the Pirrelli RF on the rear at the moment - can't justify the cost of replacing them when they are no where near the lower limit.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I sold two RF's on here not so long ago and got 80 quid for them Paid for one and a half Federals

Dammit....forgot your in Lem Spa....dohh
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

The Dogfather
    I've had Toyos, Rainsports, Pilot Sports, Conti Contacts and Federals - but I won't be changing brand again, Rainsports will be replaced with rainsports - that should tell you all you need to know.

Oh, they work well in any conditions including the dry and Toyo are crap in comparison.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    never had the rainsports Paul, but I will check them out. I have toyos on my 18's and never had a problem.

The Dogfather
    Toyos are great at first but performance falls away rapidly IMO.

I had them on my Smart Brabus which has similar performance to the Cooper Works Kit MINIs. I found the Michellin Pilot Sports to be a better tyre after a bit or wear.

My next tyres will be Kumho Ecsta £240 for four tyres.

for winter I have my Toyo winter tyres.

I currently have the Federals and for the price range they seem to handle well enough for my day to day drive.
    Cooper Coupe...

GAJ
    I have the Kumho Ecstas on the front now, been pretty impressed with them, especially at the price they are.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    My next tyres will be Kumho Ecsta £240 for four tyres.

for winter I have my Toyo winter tyres.

I currently have the Federals and for the price range they seem to handle well enough for my day to day drive.
    interesting Fi.... mine will be for winter, but I just can't stretch to the toyo snowprox as I would rather have them..

The Dogfather
    One winter tyre to look out for is Nokian WRG2s, I had them on my MINI last winter and the MX5 the winter before. They are actually a good performance winter tyre as well.

We have a 1 in 4 on the way up to my house and the Nokians managed to get the MX5 (RWD) up the hill in snow when some some 4WD soft-roaders were really struggling. It was quite amusing going past them in a roadster

Smitty
    Well getting Toyo T1R's fitted tomorrow for £90 per corner so not bad. I will report back on performance.

I guess tires come down to personal preference at the end of the day - all I know is that RF's suck!

Checked pressures tonight - the Federal with the tear in the side wall was running at 1.5 bar - not good. And that's just happened very quickly as I checked the pressures a couple of weeks ago