New Front Tyres

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smitty
    The Federals seem quite cheap - I was expecting £100 per corner, even for non-run flats. Want something with plenty of grip for all seasons and all weather! What about Pirreli Non- Run Flats?

Good to hear i wasn't the only one getting screwed around....i'll just BS them back or take my business elsewhere!

Smitty
    Toyo Proxies, fitted and balanced for £89.99 per corner. Sound reasonable? I know Gismo is running these and never had much problems with all his power, so guess they'll be pretty good for my tiny little cooper!

Other option was Avons at £90 - i've heard good things previously, but for cars like Saxo VTS, Astra GSI's (Chave cars in effect!). Thoughts?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Oh yeah , like the time a few of us nipped up to Knockhill & you wee'd all over me
    Aye but you were running your 18's that have terrible 'wet' tyres on them
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Federals are not great in the wet
    Mmmmmm.....never had a problem with them to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Uniroyal Rainsport 2s are the best
    ....in the wet but what are they like in the dry.......hold on we stay in Scotland so scrub that question
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    What about Pirreli Non- Run Flats?
    Don't think you can go too wrong with P7's or P Zeros but are they not rather expensive almost as much as the run flats

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    ....in the wet but what are they like in the dry.......hold on we stay in Scotland so scrub that question
    You stay in Scotland....I now (unfortuantly some would say) stay in Englandshire. Wait a minute....still bl**dy wet down here too!!

Reckon i'm going to go ahead with the Toyo's, unless anyone pops up in the next few hours and say's - "God no, they are rubbish!"

Turns out I actually have a Federal SS on my front left at the moment. But it's the one that the tyre wall is coming away from the rest of the tyre...as a result I'm now a little put off!!

Car
    R53 GP
    I have just changed from Pirelli Pzero neros to Toyo T1-R's. Toyos are in another league imo. The Pirellis were seriously hard and actually made me check my dampers once on the Mini One.

Toyos handle well in both wet and dry roads. Only thing I can fault is that the tread seems to be going down awful quick ha
    Last edited by RyanK; 28th July 2009 at 12:19 PM.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Toyo's ok from my perspective

josh_r53
    t1-r's all the way for me........... camskill.co.uk is the cheepest in uk me thinks

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Don't think they've invented a tyre yet that would tame the horses your front wheels are churning out Alan