Felipe Massa...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alonso is a dick. and I'll be gutted if Schumacher makes a come back.

Sorry for Massa I think he would be silly to come back to racing after such an injury.
    Cooper Coupe...

baptie
    used to like Alonso up until the whole Hamilton stuff.

So childish for the cash they get

C.Noble
    It would appear Mr Schumacher IS coming back...

I personally looking forward to seeing him racing again, but I hope when he comes back he still has "it" and that he doesnt come back and make an arse of himself... or worse still hurts himself!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8172310.stm

euan
    What's worse, a rookie with minimal testing, or a "veteran" who is a bit unfit and trying too hard to win?

You only have to watch the masters football to see how dirty footballers get when the lose the pace and the feet a bit, kicking anyone in sight.

I hope he does ok - he'll develop that car like nobody else can, but I just worry that he'll be trying to hard.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    What's worse, a rookie with minimal testing, or a "veteran" who is a bit unfit and trying too hard to win?

You only have to watch the masters football to see how dirty footballers get when the lose the pace and the feet a bit, kicking anyone in sight.

I hope he does ok - he'll develop that car like nobody else can, but I just worry that he'll be trying to hard.
    I really don't watch F1, so forgive me if I'm talking out my depth/place... but don't you think he'll be going into this saying to himself, "well, I've nothing to prove to anyone, so I may as well relax and enjoy the ride"? Rather than trying too hard.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

C.Noble
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I really don't watch F1, so forgive me if I'm talking out my depth/place... but don't you think he'll be going into this saying to himself, "well, I've nothing to prove to anyone, so I may as well relax and enjoy the ride"? Rather than trying too hard.

A.
    Could easily go one way or the other...

Could be crap and be only too happy to hand the car back to Massa or whoever at the end of the year...

Or

If he does come back with that "nothing to prove" attitude and his old "fall in water... come out with fish in his pockets" luck means the wheels fall off red bulls charge, I would not be surprised if he is pushing for P2 in the championship at the end of the year!

I bet Button is the happiest man in the pit lane right now, given he is the only man Shooey CANT catch in the points!

Cooper Coupe...

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post

A.
    He's a multiple world champion, massively driven and has been known to win at all costs. I suspect he'll state publicly he's there to stand in and improve the car, but inside he'll be trying to prove he's still the best driver in that field. I can't see him ever being satisfied coming second.

I may be wrong, but I can't ever see him going along for the ride. It's not like he needs the money!

euan
    Oh, and a quote from him today:

"As the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."
    He's there as he thinks he can win races. What will be interesting is that he'll have done no testing, on a circuit he's never driven, which is a street circuit and therefore a bit tight. I know I'll be watching the practice sessions!

japper
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post

he'll develop that car like nobody else can, but I just worry that he'll be trying to hard.
    Apparently he was awesome at engine development but absolutely crap at tyres and aero.

I don't think it's the engine they're struggling with

Be good to see him back though mixing things up.