Felipe Massa...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    baptie
    heard rumours that schumacher is coming back to stand in, lets hope it is just for a stand in till massa is better
    heard that this morning

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Horrible, horrible, horrible

Get well soon & hopefully back in the car

Never wanted it to be this way but Michael back racing, that would boost yer races just a tad

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Just seen this get well soon Massa

mini saltire
    Really sad for Massa.

The saftey of open wheel racing is going to be under the spotlight now with 2 cases so close to each other the FIA will need to react.

We replace windscreens in the Mini series several times a year as a result of debris and stones getting kicked up and there has been a few times when I thought the whole screen would cave in with the size of rocks that have been thrown up by other cars. I know open wheelers don't use the track like we do as they have aero kits and superior down force but stuff does fly about the track after an accident. The drivers head is the most exposed part of most open wheel racing and perhaps it is now time for a bubble pod similar to the peugeot le mans car. I don't know about you guys but I would rather be belt and braces and be inside a pod whilst there is a wheel flying around at over 100mph.

Did anyone else think Renault and Alonso's actions (continuing to run with a loose wheel which was obviously going to come off... and did) highly irresponsible?? Well I did , and I think they should be fined for it! There comes a point when it stops being about winning and other peoples saftey must come first

I feel sorry for Rubens and Brawn as they obviously couldn't have forseen this failure but I applaud them for triple checking Jenson's car before letting it continue in Q3

Sorry if this reads a bit like "A Points of View" letter

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    Did anyone else think Renault and Alonso's actions (continuing to run with a loose wheel which was obviously going to come off... and did) highly irresponsible?? Well I did , and I think they should be fined for it! There comes a point when it stops being about winning and other peoples saftey must come first
    They were - they have been kicked out of the Valencia GP. Personally, I thought that punishment was a bit harsh! Everyone makes mistakes. Ferrari never got fined (at least not to my knowledge, and they certianly never got banned) for the whole Massa - fuel rig inccident last season.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    That was because it was FERRARI Smitty Different rules apply there lad
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

mini saltire
    Didn't know about the Valencia ban, can't make my mind up about that. I think it was bad taste what they did and they are not the first to try and limp back to the pits with an obvious failure but I suppose the FIA have to lead by example now. Worst case scenario would have been another loose tyre accident and that would have been regarded as reglegance on behalf of Renault. Alonso missing Valencia will piss off the Spanish fans big time though which is bad for F1 reputation.

Be good to see Michael Schumacher back though... hope he gets his arse handed to him by the young guns... sadly I don't think he would though

Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    Really sad for Massa.

I agree with you on this one.
    Will be intersting to see if Bernie allows the one race ban to go ahead. After all Valencia is Alonso's home race and ticket sales could/will suffer.
    Stephen & Allyson

The Dogfather
    Renault are guilty of taking chances with both Alonso and other car drivers safety, personally I think they should be hit harder.

mini saltire
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Renault are guilty of taking chances with both Alonso and other car drivers safety, personally I think they should be hit harder.
    I don't think excluding them from a racing weekend is the correct thing to do though. I agree the implications of what could have happened are huge and they need punished but lets be honest, you would rather see the talent of Alonso being showcased at his home grand prix than not. He is a racer and most racers would have tried to nurse that car back to the pits. He is being punished for what the team did. Renault should be punished as a team and should be docked points from the constructors championship. I feel sorry for Nelson Piquet Jnr what did he do wrong?? In short Renault are guilty of the crime but F1 needs more drivers like Alonso and without him I think the crowds will vote with their feet.... put it this way, they aren't going to watch their favourite driver Lewis turn up and win are they?