Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    OK guys, carrying on from the other thread on touch-up paint, I've been in negotiations with these guys.......

http://drcolorchip.com/

and managed to do a group buy if your interested

Now the deal is for their 'Road Rash Kit' which normally goes for $59 plus $48.72 shipping
    If we can manage to rustle up at least 10 buyers we can slash that to $68 each shipped
    They will have to be all shipped to me at my work to qualify for the deal with me passing them on to the people concerned I need to point out that there is a more than likely chance we will be hit for some sort of tax with these coming in from the states but they have agreed to "do something" on that front for us(PM me for details if your concerned)

Craig, and I think AndyP, have used this stuff and it does do exactly what it says on the tin (well in this case, bottle)

Interested parties can pay by emailing Dr.Colorchip. They will then send you an invoice for the amount due. This way I don't have to run around trying to get you miserable lot to pay up

It doesn't even need to be for your mini He covers 100's of makes..check his colour code finder out to see if your cars covered.

Let me know what you think

1.Big 'G' - Audi - LZ5W/7C (denim blue)
    2.Big 'G' - Mini - 851 (chili red)
    3.MadMaxxer - Scooby - 32J (obsidian black)
    4.Burple - Mini - A24 - (black eye purple)
    5.Sav112 - Mini - 900 - (pure silver)
    6.AndyP - Mini - 851 (chili red)
    7.AndyP - Mini - A59 - (laser blue)
    8.RyanK - Mini - A25 - (astro Black)
    9.Craig - Mini - A24 - (black eye purple)
    10.cat1spot - Mini - 851 (chili red)
    11.baz - Mini - ??? (pepper white?)
    Last edited by Big Gordy; 31st July 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: names added
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Gordy, depending on how many of these you get and you have enough time you could get them shipped to Me Julie's relatives in Pensacola and i can bring them back with me for no import duty

I'm away from 1st August and return on the 8th

GCA3N
    This sounds good. I have been meaning to post a thread on this. I had my old cooper for 2 1/2 years and had the odd chip, i've had my new one for 3 months and there are 40 or so chips already. Is the new paint different or something. Also would this kit work for so many chips. What do you guys think is my best route for getting these done. Also what is the best way to stop them happening in the future?

Forbes
    Get a clear wrap on the front of your car Greig.

This stuff is really good, used it on the mini and have just bought a bottle for the Z - anyone is unsure just go for it, it really does work

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Gordy, depending on how many of these you get and you have enough time you could get them shipped to Me Julie's relatives in Pensacola and i can bring them back with me for no import duty

I'm away from 1st August and return on the 8th
    Thanks for that Alan.....I'll keep you posted on developments
    If we go down this route it may work out even cheaper as the shipping within the US is a lot cheaper than shipping to the UK I'll just go and ask him
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

baptie
    looks a great simple system to use but $55 to UK postage, thats a bit steep!

Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    looks a great simple system to use but $55 to UK postage, thats a bit steep!

Damn sight cheaper than a respray though

Car
    F56 Cooper
    This is the stuff that more or less gives a perfect finish right? You can wipe it level sort of thing. I read about it months ago. I was interested in it till I seen the price with the postage.

Question is can they match the BMW paint?

I was going down the touch up stick and try to put it on thin layer at a time but it never gives a good result. This stuff is supposed to go flush after you wipe the excess off………if it’s the same stuff and gives great results.

If I could get Pure Silver for a reasonable price I'd be up for it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    if anyone needs colour codes for vehicles, just drop me a pm with chassis and ill pass it on