internet explorer crashing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mikeythemini
    I have started having a problem - sometimes as soon as I open the forum, othertimes after a few mins i get the message "internet explorer has encountered a problem & needs close"
    It only happens in this forum - it has taken me 4 attempts to post this!!
    It either started last night or this morning
    I am on XP

I've had that happen a couple times recently but think I was using safari at the time but it could have been firefox then again maybe IE. but one click and I was back in the site.
    Cooper Coupe...

The Dogfather
    I had this on my PC at work which has IE, I think its one of the banner images as if I'm quick I can bypass the home page and go straight to the new posts.

I expect its an older version of IE though.

mikeythemini
    Ie 6

macblob
    Ie 6 has massive security issues because its so old, plus its supported less and less generally

Id suggest downloading firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

or ie8 if you wanna use explorer http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...r/default.aspx

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Mikey, we now use Google Chrome on all our PC's. Much faster and much more simple than IE. And it will import all your bookmarks from IE.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Mikey, we now use Google Chrome on all our PC's. Much faster and much more simple than IE. And it will import all your bookmarks from IE.

A.
    As Andy says, but, you really need to upgarde your IE6 to the latest version as a minimum, readily available, or, give Chrome a try, it's a no frills browser that actually works

GCA3N
    I thought it was just me . I am offshore just now and it is a nightmare everytime i want to go on NMS i have to try about 4-6 times before it starts to work, very annoying, need my NMS fix atleast once a day.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    I thought it was just me . I am offshore just now and it is a nightmare everytime i want to go on NMS i have to try about 4-6 times before it starts to work, very annoying, need my NMS fix atleast once a day.
    Are you logging into the main forum page? if so, try saving the new posts page as a favourite

mikeythemini
    Will look at getting a new browser but strange its only just started doing this & only this forum
    I can't get my private messages at all & I know there is a new one for me