Boost pressures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V3 NGS
    I have an update on the boost pressure
    I have plugged in my machine to have a look at what is going on and the MAP sensor is telling me that at 6500rpm i have 27 psi of boost. can this be correct or is the sensor duff, when the engine is off the reading is 1 psi which i take as atmospheric pressure.
    The reason i have been asking is i had the s on the dyno and with all themods i recon i should be running 250+ but heres the cruncher........ 167 at the wheels and 191.5 at the flywheel the barometric pressure at the time 994 mbar and the enviromental temp was 24.7 deg c......... there must be a problem but the engine is running sweet as a nut..... any ideas??????????????????????????????????????????

leeg87
    Quote Originally Posted by V3 NGS View Post
    I have an update on the boost pressure
    I have plugged in my machine to have a look at what is going on and the MAP sensor is telling me that at 6500rpm i have 27 psi of boost. can this be correct or is the sensor duff, when the engine is off the reading is 1 psi which i take as atmospheric pressure.
    The reason i have been asking is i had the s on the dyno and with all themods i recon i should be running 250+ but heres the cruncher........ 167 at the wheels and 191.5 at the flywheel the barometric pressure at the time 994 mbar and the enviromental temp was 24.7 deg c......... there must be a problem but the engine is running sweet as a nut..... any ideas??????????????????????????????????????????
    take away atmospheric from that 27psi and that gives you roughly 12psi, if you are getting anything over 18psi your traction control light will come on and stay on.

With your mods maybe 250+ bhp is ambitious, with the addition of a cam + remap (and injectors if you still have 330's) then 250 might be achievable.

What intercooler do you have on? was the car dyno'd with the bonnet up or down? 24.7deg is quite a high ambient temp. and it wont be unlikely that your ECU pulled timing and started dumping in fuel if your IAT's got above 50degC. Did the RR map your Air fuel Ratio? got a print out?

V3 NGS
    yes i do have a print out what would you need to now
    0-4000 -- 13.8 to 13
    4000 - 5000 --- 13 - 11.5
    5000 - 6000 ---11.5 - 11.8
    6000-7000 ---11.8 - 11
    i have a unichip fitted .... he said that he could go a lot more on the fuel if needed so its not fuel ........... i have a GRS cooler fitted

leeg87
    peak power at which rpm, rev limit rpm, does the graph 'dip' towards the end the climb back up?

was this done at wallace out of interest?

How much miles has your supercharger done? what year is your car? how long has the 17% been fitted?

V3 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by leeg87 View Post
    peak power at which rpm, rev limit rpm, does the graph 'dip' towards the end the climb back up?

was this done at wallace out of interest?

How much miles has your supercharger done? what year is your car? how long has the 17% been fitted?
    max torque wheels 164.9 lbft @4059 rpm, rev limit power drops off at 6500 rpm, the graph does dip after 6500 rpm, yes the car was set up at wallace. miles 50,000 ish, 2003 mcs, well over 3 years the pulley has been fitted.