Best Driving Roads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sponsor & Jakey
    Welcome home Wullie boy...
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Woz
    If any of you want a great 10 mile blast and find yourself on the west side of Lomond you should look for the A817. This is a high spec military road built to supply the Faslane base.

Its a great driving road but has a feature that really makes it stand out. It crosses a valley in a straight line where both sides are LONG and STEEP (looks a little like this... V), it really does feel like the first drop in a big roller coaster if you take it fast enough and you can take it very fast :)

macblob
    My folks live over the hill from Loch Lomomd in Helensburgh

The Faslane construction rd os one hell of a blast , huge dips, some nice long corners and fast straights.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Hmmmm... Methinks I'll need to investigate this one
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

GAJ
    Surely Best would be better off on a straight road. In fact he would be better off not driving at all and getting a taxi or am I missing something!

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Hmmmm... Methinks I'll need to investigate this one
    You wont regret it. Once you start the big dip in the road, You will know it when you see it, just floor it and dont let up. If you are in Daisy you might need to let up but then again you might not

Disclamer: You should not take the above to mean that I encourage speeding, which is a blah blah blah blah

macblob
    That hill is nearly vertical with a nice right hander at the bottom if ur going from faslane over to loch lomond.

Mind you , both sides of the rd for the corner are usable as a clear view is avaliable from the monster drop in

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

That hill is nearly vertical with a nice right hander at the bottom if ur going from faslane over to loch lomond.

Mind you , both sides of the rd for the corner are usable as a clear view is avaliable from the monster drop in

Yep, you need to come at it from the Faslane end. Cant say I noticed the right hander but then I probably didnt have time to notice it wahahahahahahaha

DNV122
    In no particular order

- glenshee to braemar (the twistie bit where I got showered by Zoooooom's headlight washers, even though I was about 100 m behind

- Rothiemurchus to Loch Insh (this was our old bus route to school - have you ever been on a bus that has lifted the rear wheels of the ground)

- The Lecht to Aviemore - The Lecht - Are you brave enough on the way down ???

- Pitlochry to Kinloch Rannoch then over to Aberfeldy

Ohh I could go on and on....

beats living in the Sarff

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:
    - The Lecht to Aviemore - The Lecht - Are you brave enough on the way down ???
    Oh shiat yeah!!!I remember coming down there on the last AMOC run (summer show) I was on... 2 years ago???
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahaha!!!
    I got airborne at least once...
    And 3 of us stuffed by a Porsche 911!!! Mwah hah hah hah...!!

Julz.. that wee road from Bridge of Cally to Pitlochry...
    Woohoo!! In the Classic Cooper last year.. did the road BOTH directions cos it was so much fun!! The big silver Merc had to let us past eventually.... and he was going for it - sideways everywhere! We never saw him again.... snigger...
    just a speck in my mirror the last time I saw him!