Best Driving Roads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    knaone
    cairn o'mount road is excellent! never taken my Mini up there yet, one day, i like the road just has some Ghosts there tho :(

David

Linda M
    One of Willie's favourite roads is the main road just as you head out of Doune He likes it that much that they've started taking his picture there and the pics are a snip at 60 quid

Sponsor & Jakey
    Oh.. Oh.. Someone call a doctor.. Quick, quick... I think I've just split my sides laughing :disapprove: GRrrrr !!! :evil::evil:
    I can't help it if the police find me stunningly attractive
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

scott shand
    just to add my thoughts, i have just been away on holiday with sharon to Rhu, loch lomand, and dunkeld and came across some brill roads the best.......... the road leading from dunkeld to blairgowrie, just great with fast open corners leading into some tight ones a perfect way to end a week long driving holiday covering a great 500 miles

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by scott shand

just to add my thoughts, i have just been away on holiday with sharon to Rhu, loch lomand, and dunkeld and came across some brill roads the best.......... the road leading from dunkeld to blairgowrie, just great with fast open corners leading into some tight ones a perfect way to end a week long driving holiday covering a great 500 miles
    Tell me about it! Don't we live in the middle of some great driving roads! Rob used to work in Pitlochry and there's two great roads to get there! Mate wrote off a Lexus there a couple of months ago though!:dead:

Monsta Mo Mini
    Just remebered another one...

I had blanked it from my mind cause I'd scared myself ****less on it... but the Bonar Bridge to Scourie road takes some beating. It's 37 miles of single track but if you get it in the early morning you can see far enought ahead to really floor it. I even PASSED... yes...PASSED a BT van on it

Wul
    Well thats me back from my "minimoon"

Did just over 400 miles in three days - edinburgh - fife - fort william - loch lomond - edinburgh and had a real blast!

Did the Dalwhinnie to Fort William road for the first time - very good fun - single track in a lot of places with plenty twisty bits and lots of straights too.

Then back down through Glencoe - superb. then the Crianlarich to Tarbet Road - very twisty.

One tank of fuel just made it - averaged 39.1 mpg on the trip.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Welcome back! - sounds like it was a great trip, you got fantastic weather aswell! Hope everything went well on the big day

Wul
    Back to work for a rest!:I

Linda M
    Welcome back Wul, hope the big day went well.......where's the pics?