Best Driving Roads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Monsta Mo Mini
    Nominations for the best driving roads in Scotland.
    I'll start the ball rolling by nominating the the Tyndrum to Glen Coe road. Some of the most spectacular scenery in Britain combined with long sweeping bends and endless straights, FANTASTIC!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Perth to Glenshee

Huntly to Turriff

Huntly to Alford

Alford to Lecht

Fontal
    Sumbourgh head to north roe up here on the bonnie Isle of Shetland, Admitedly its only 70 miles long but its a good drive.

Wul
    For my votes - i second the tyndrum/glencoe road - excellent choice.

other

Favourites:

Dornoch to John o' Groats - now that's where the word "switchback" was invented!

Arrochar to Tighnabruiach - up and over the "rest and be thankful" craking views, exclent twisties, brilliant straights, lots of grippy stuff and even some roads with passing places :)

Julz
    For a wee car like the Mini, the Kirriemuir to Glenclova road is fantastic is you like loads of little bends, 3m wide roads and sheep! (It also just stops, nowhere to go but back where you came from, or off road and up a big hill)
    I would second the A93 Glenshee road, especially as it's our local thrash!:evil::)

miniscot00
    Glen Clova road is fun. I took my mum for a wee hurl up there just after I got the MINI. I'm sure there was a big dent in the passenger footwell by the time we got back.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I defy anyone to beat the Cairn O' Mount road, an absolute true test of driving skill from any driver.

Bonnie Scotland

duncan
    Blackford to Aberfeldy, through the Sma' Glen.
    Mind you, that was in the works Sherpa van, never Mini'ed it.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Done it few times in the MINI - it's a real blast(especially if the road isn't clogged up with caravans (and white van drivers)

scott shand
    any road up the glenshee way is great!!!!!!!!!!