Engine warning light on!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by 0004BES View Post
    Lets you quickly experience Mini ownership...

How many days have you driven the car compared to days in the garage?
    I haven't worked that out - it would be too depressing! This is Day No.17 that it's been in DP but you may remember that it got a window smashed and the back panel damaged by some idiot throwing a rock the day I collected it (30th May) so it was off the road for several days after that too . When I do get it back, it will feel like I've bought another car - it's been so long since I've driven it.

One slightly positive update is that I'm getting a courtesy Cooper S tomorrow instead of the BMW 116i that I've had for the past 2 weeks. It's not a Clubman but I'll take it ! Still would rather get my own back though.

I'll keep you posted......

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I haven't worked that out - it would be too depressing! This is Day No.17 that it's been in DP but you may remember that it got a window smashed and the back panel damaged by some idiot throwing a rock the day I collected it (30th May) so it was off the road for several days after that too . When I do get it back, it will feel like I've bought another car - it's been so long since I've driven it.

One slightly positive update is that I'm getting a courtesy Cooper S tomorrow instead of the BMW 116i that I've had for the past 2 weeks. It's not a Clubman but I'll take it ! Still would rather get my own back though.

I'll keep you posted......
    At least you get to go fast again. CAnnot believe your story so far, here's hoping it's sorted soon Del. By the way i think we're organising a party for amy on Sunday 2nd August, would be good to see you all.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    At least you get to go fast again. CAnnot believe your story so far, here's hoping it's sorted soon Del. By the way i think we're organising a party for amy on Sunday 2nd August, would be good to see you all.
    As it turned out, I only got a Cooper but it's better than the BMW 116i . However, it's getting changed on Monday to a Clubman Cooper as that is closer to what I should be driving....although not as fast .

So, another week comes to an end but my misery does not . Nobody is any the wiser about the fault and so the saga continues. Monday will be Day No. 23 in the garage.

Tune in again soon for the next exciting episode....

Forbes
    Can you start asking for a replacement as this is ridiculous. Or a engine replacement under warranty.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Even i think you should now be able to lose faith in the car, it's certainly not fit for use and the car has been in the garage long enough in my book, i would begin the sad rejection process now

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I feel your pain del..

My car was in the garage for upwards of 6 weeks.... Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Delboy
    Thanks for your comments .

As for rejecting the car, I've already had discussions with DP about this but it would seem that I've not got a good case, at the moment anyway. The car has only had one fault and they are trying to fix it along with BMW - if the car had experienced many different faults then they say it would be a better case. I'm not pushing it for now and will see how things progress this week before taking advice on my rights.

In any case, I really want to keep the car so am hoping it will be fixed soon - they are confident they will find the fault eventually. It's just the "eventually" bit that worries me...

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Hope this gets sorted out soon not even had a chance to enjoy it

Such a lovely car too

Good Luck with it

Delboy
    I got my car back!

An engine vacuum sensor apparently - let's hope so!

At last!
    Hope fault fixed and you can enjoy your mini
    Stephen & Allyson