Engine warning light on!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Delboy
    It has certainly not been the best start to ownership but I am still totally hooked on the car . All I can hope for is that once this has been fixed then I get a good run of trouble-free motoring.

As for DP not checking the light was off, I think they did and also test drove the car. Unfortunately, it doesn't come back on immediately after being reset and can take a few starts before it does - I guess they didn't expect it to either. They'll get the benefit of the doubt this time....

Delboy
    Believe it or not, my car is still not fixed .

This is Day No.16 that it has been in Douglas Park (15 consecutive days!) and they still have not found the fault . Apparently, the full BMW technical team and Zone Manager for Scotland are working on it with the DP technicians but, so far, to no avail.

I can hardly believe that this is happening - I want my car back !

GCA3N
    I think this is now beyond a joke, I think you should be asking for a new car, i don't know how this stands but surely there must be a time scale to when they fix a car?

Delboy
    I don't think there are any fixed timescales to fix a fault under warranty. I also don't think returning the car is an option - plus I rather like this one!

I'll certainly be pushing for some serious goodwill gesture from BMW Mini when they finally do fix the fault.......

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I don't think there are any fixed timescales to fix a fault under warranty. I also don't think returning the car is an option - plus I rather like this one!

I'll certainly be pushing for some serious goodwill gesture from BMW Mini when they finally do fix the fault.......

Ah free mods, now were taking. I would have a word with the manager and ask him for suggestions. What were you thinking about?

Delboy
    I've registered my dissatisfaction with BMW Customer Services - they are the ones who will offer any goodwill gesture but will not do so until the car is fixed. Probably a good idea to wait because if it's another 16 days before I get the car back then the goodwill gesture will need to be much greater than if I accepted one now. (They have not indicated what form any goodwill gesture will take but I expect accessories would be a good bet.)

Guess I'll just need to continue to be patient and make do with the courtesy BMW 116i........

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Not a great advert for buying a new Mini is it, that’s shocking that the car has been in over that period and they don’t have a clue…at the very least they look like they are not trying to flog you off with some excuse….

If that had happened to my car the neighbours would have been out asking about the Mini missing off the drive. Wish you all the luck with it, hope you get that call soon saying they got to the bottom of it and guarantee its fixed.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Ally S
    well i suppose it saves you putting miles on your mini... not much consulation though

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally S View Post
    well i suppose it saves you putting miles on your mini... not much consulation though
    Er, no .

Forbes
    Lets you quickly experience Mini ownership...

How many days have you driven the car compared to days in the garage?