Advice on Recaro Seats for R56 S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    japper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Cheers William - that's thrown some light on the subject. I reckon they've quoted me the LEATHER seats price as opposed to CLOTH which MINI don't do... that would explain why there's so little difference between the Leather/Alcantara and their supposed 'Cloth' quote. I thought it was really stange that there was such a small price difference (£100) between 'basic' and 'FAB'. Maybe you should get a job at Douglas Park.

Recaro do the CS in Cloth (it's 'Nardo/Artista' in Black - lovely) as I have a pic of it from an American Seat-Seller site, but MINI maybe just don't do cloth in the JCW stylee. I mean it seems fairly obvious now - DP said they didn't have a price for 'Full Leather', when I think they should've said they didn't have a price for 'Cloth'. Oh well. If you're ever selling your seats give me a shout.... I'll maybe give 'Drivers' in Glasgow a call to see what they say. Thanks for the info!
    They have quoted you leather as th Alcantara is a bit dearer IIRC.

I have an offer for you, it seems i may need a bit more space in the back or even a bigger car soonso i'll be getting rid of my full leather JCW Recaro's.

They're in excellent condition, only 5 months old and just a wee bit of normal wear / slight scuffing on drivers side bolster, though i would repair this at my cost before sale.

Make me an offer around half price and they're yours

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Cheers Japper, great offer. If you don't mind, I'll have a think about it - I know it sounds stupid, but I actually prefer cloth seats, as I like the 'grippier' surface. I'll quickly suss out the cost of the cloth ones from, say, Drivers, and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the offer though - hang off selling them for a couple of days will you?!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

japper
    Cheers Japper, great offer. If you don't mind, I'll have a think about it - I know it sounds stupid, but I actually prefer cloth seats, as I like the 'grippier' surface. I'll quickly suss out the cost of the cloth ones from, say, Drivers, and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for the offer though - hang off selling them for a couple of days will you?!
    No probs, and if you need any photos give me a shout.

BTW: they are pretty narrow buckets, so don't worry about 'grippy' cloth, you don't need it

PM'd you Japper.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Cheers William - that's thrown some light on the subject. I reckon they've quoted me the LEATHER seats price as opposed to CLOTH which MINI don't do... that would explain why there's so little difference between the Leather/Alcantara and their supposed 'Cloth' quote. I thought it was really stange that there was such a small price difference (£100) between 'basic' and 'FAB'. Maybe you should get a job at Douglas Park.

Recaro do the CS in Cloth (it's 'Nardo/Artista' in Black - lovely) as I have a pic of it from an American Seat-Seller site, but MINI maybe just don't do cloth in the JCW stylee. I mean it seems fairly obvious now - DP said they didn't have a price for 'Full Leather', when I think they should've said they didn't have a price for 'Cloth'. Oh well. If you're ever selling your seats give me a shout.... I'll maybe give 'Drivers' in Glasgow a call to see what they say. Thanks for the info!
    Any time.Yes Recaro do the CS in a nice black cloth have a pic of them on my phone if you want it.You have first dibs on my seats if I sell them
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    PM'd you Japper.
    Were my leather ones not good enough hmph lol
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I'm still not looking at any 'performance' upgrades at any time in the near future!
    I can 'smell' that new manifold your planning from here

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Sorry William. Hope no offence taken! It's all in the timing and the price. I wasn't sure at all what I was doing a while back - car was too new and I hadn't looked into it in enough detail. Just made up my mind the other night based on the spec + cost of Japper's chairs. Airbagged, Heated Recaro Sportster CS/JCW in dark charcoal for a great price an ELF couldn't resist. Hopefully getting them in August and Douglas Park MINI WILL fit & code as they're genuine JCW's.

CROMBERS - what are you talking about man? Of course I won't be fitting a Manifold... I told you all - NO PERFORMANCE MODS ON THE NEW CAR! Anyway, you don't get manifolds for the R56 S - it's a Downpipe and Sports Cat. Miltek do a good one apparently... not that I've thought about it at all. So I'm not fitting that either... probably not soon, or an Exhaust System... this year, at all.. ever. Really. Hmmm. Nope, definately not doing that sort of thing... or any sort of Re-mapping. Or Induction stuff. Don't need anything improved or upgraded - the Seats are for my back... NOT so that I can corner faster without sliding about...Not going down that road again, oh no, not me. No Sireee Bob. Standard all the way from now on, that's me... happy... no hassles... (mumble... 'Werthers', 'Pipe & Slippers'...)

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sorry William. Hope no offence taken! It's all in the timing and the price. I wasn't sure at all what I was doing a while back - car was too new and I hadn't looked into it in enough detail. Just made up my mind the other night based on the spec + cost of Japper's chairs. Airbagged, Heated Recaro Sportster CS/JCW in dark charcoal for a great price an ELF couldn't resist. Hopefully getting them in August and Douglas Park MINI WILL fit & code as they're genuine JCW's.

CROMBERS - what are you talking about man? Of course I won't be fitting a Manifold... I told you all - NO PERFORMANCE MODS ON THE NEW CAR! Anyway, you don't get manifolds for the R56 S - it's a Downpipe and Sports Cat. Miltek do a good one apparently... not that I've thought about it at all. So I'm not fitting that either... probably not soon, or an Exhaust System... this year, at all.. ever. Really. Hmmm. Nope, definately not doing that sort of thing... or any sort of Re-mapping. Or Induction stuff. Don't need anything improved or upgraded - the Seats are for my back... NOT so that I can corner faster without sliding about...Not going down that road again, oh no, not me. No Sireee Bob. Standard all the way from now on, that's me... happy... no hassles... (mumble... 'Werthers', 'Pipe & Slippers'...)
    Glad you got ur seats sorted.I was only playing no offence on my side was just having a wee play with you

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Elfman fit the seats urself dead easy then you only need to get them coaded