Left Foot Braking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    ok the mini has a habbit of doing that on roundabouts mine dose it if i go in a bit hard i some times use left foot if realy having a sprited drive
    New sig coming soon

japper
    Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    As a technique it can be used for a few things.

If you're ever going to try it, find a long, straight, and most importantly empty piece of road, to try braking with your left foot in a straight line, til you get used to the amount of pressure required.
    I'm well aware of the amount of pressure required, but never used both pedals exactly at the same time. As said, it's impossible on modern cars.

doogz__
    Works on my Audi.

japper
    Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    Works on my Audi.
    Sorry, meant to state 'most' modern cars. When i had my last two Audi's this issue was discussed on Audi-sport.net and i thought it affected most Audi's too, it certainly cut the throttle on my A3

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    It cuts the power on my dads Audi, mums Jazz and sisters Lupo lol... not that I'm harsh on their motors hehe

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    cant left foot brake my mums sharan so i just use the handbrake instead to brake the back end

doogz__
    Is that why the handbrake on that thing is so sh*gged?

doogz__
    Hamish, this Audi, which engine is it?

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    Its an Audi TT, 1.8, just the 180, it was one of first ones in country and unforunately he's kept it... NOWT but PROBLEMS.

Everything has gone wrong on that car but he likes the look of it so he's keeping it :( lol

doogz__
    I thought the very early ones had a throttle cable, like the MK4 Golf's.

Who knows!