Cleaning the wheel arch trims?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Delboy
    Hi,
    I have some white polish marks on a wheel arch trim and cannot remove it with normal washing. I'm sure you guys must know what to do so I'd be grateful for your advice.
    Cheers,
    Del

japper
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Hi,
    I have some white polish marks on a wheel arch trim and cannot remove it with normal washing. I'm sure you guys must know what to do so I'd be grateful for your advice.
    Cheers,
    Del
    I'd opt for R222 autowash followed by Megs Trim Detailer.

GCA3N
    Derek the Megs stuff is good no doubt, and I have some you can try, i'll bring it up next week. But by far the best I have used is Chemical guys trim detailer, about 14 quid for 250ml, but it is amazing, the other stuff is black wow, about 20 quid for 150ml (i think) both work amazing. If you wait till next week I'll let you try. If you want to make do the megs stuff is still good, it is about 8 quid i think for a good sized bottle.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 17th June 2009 at 09:01 AM.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    & I opt for paint

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

japper
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    Derek the Megs stuff is good no doubt, and I have some you can try, i'll bring it up next week. But by far the best I have used is Chemical guys trim detailer, about 14 quid for 250ml, but it is amazing, the other stuff is black wow, about 20 quid for 150ml (i think) both work amazing. If you wait till next week I'll let you try. If you want to make do the megs stuff is still good, it is about 8 quid i think for a good sized bottle.
    All above are very good, but these on there own will just mask / cover over the polish residue. You need to get it off first, hence the R222

Either that or peanut oil

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by japper View Post
    All above are very good, but these on there own will just mask / cover over the polish residue. You need to get it off first, hence the R222

Either that or peanut oil

Sorry i never made it clear, I agree with you on the first part, it was the trim detailer I was on about. Your right about the R222 auto wash.

Car
    Cooper S
    I've also heard of poeple just using a rubber/eraser to remove polish residue on trim

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    & I opt for paint
    ID GO ALONG WITH THAT GET THEM COLOUR CODED

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

baptie
    I can neither confirm nor deny that 'Peanut Butter', smooth no chunky will sort you out.........

might be worth a go, just remember to check your blind spot when moving off ensuring all the trim lickers are clear

Ally S
    Your best to use the Trim Detailer on all the black bits to make sure they stay black and dont dry out over time. It always looks so untidy when theres polish on the arches