Possible Group Buy. MINI Specific Gauges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    I've been looking for some additional gauges to sit either side of the rev counter, similar to the ALTA pod design but without the excessive cost of the little plastic pod. I've found a neat solution to this and also a gauge manufacturer that are designing a range specifically to match the MINI interior. Not sure if any of you have heard of them before but the Marshall Instruments website detailing their full range of products is HERE

The MINI range is still currently under development but will be coming onto the market in 3-4 weeks. Apart from matching the dial design, they can accomodate various bezel finishes including a match to the chrome line interior. The new design (R56) will also be catered for.

They normally rely on their distribution network to sell their products, but I have managed to negotiate a deal to be supplied direct from the manufacturer in the U.S., cutting out the middle man and hopefully saving us a few pennies along the way.

I'm still waiting for the finalised pricing details to come through, but it would be good to see if there's enough interest to make this viable?

Stick your name down if this appeals to you....

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I think William (MiniWilliam) used to have these. Or am I thinking of something else?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Cooper S
    Just to point out I followed this how to on NAM

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...-for-70-a.html

Mount bezel costs like a tenner or so and is pretty neat looking, I also purchased the autometer guage from realsteal http://www.realsteel.co.uk/

If I could get a guage thats more like the mini guage though I would be interested, as the autometer is about the closest to OEM I could find at the moment

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I think William (MiniWilliam) used to have these. Or am I thinking of something else?

A.
    Not me Andy.Ive got a dashdaq
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Gaz-Muir
    Nothing happen of this? Wouldn't mind having one....

Car
    Cooper S
    MINI also now sell the guage pod just like the alta one for a fraction of the price, about £20 i think. Fit whatever 52mm gauge's you like in it.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=62&fg=95

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    There is 2 types that MINI do.

The one you see in the picture is only for water temp and battery guage, which will sit up beside the rev counter without chrono pack.

the other would suit my MINI for eg. having Chrono Pack where the speedo and rev sits above the steering wheel, the guages would sit just under the window, DSC, foglights switch etc....

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz-Muir View Post
    Nothing happen of this? Wouldn't mind having one....

Serious lack of interest from NMS members, Gaz, you're about the only one

I was offline for a while too when we moved house, but I'll fire an email across the pond to see how the new style gauges look.

David, gauge pod sounds good to me, one up beside the rev counter please - can you order one up cheers

Gaz-Muir
    Check the original link, the Mini gauges are already up on their site!!

Ive ordered a Mini gauge holder, just to decide which gauges now!

Will we get any discount since it was your idea?

L13ARG
    any ideas how much the mounting pods are ? Looked at gauges on original posts web site look good.