R56 xenons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can anyone tell me if is possible to fit xenon headlights r56 to a Cooper r56 fitted with non xenon at the mo.

baptie
    you could do it to R55 so I would think it is possible, will need to be virginised by your local mini dealer!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    You can do it but it requires electrical upgrades and also upgrade the washer system as you require washer by law with xenons.

By time you factor these modifications along with the units its usually very costly

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Yeah, wot Baz said.

However, you could simply install a hid kit. Relatively inexpensive but without the headlight washers would probably be illegal.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I think its the self levelling function that's required with HID's to make them legal. No doupt KenL will be along shortly to keep us all right
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mealie
    Asked a dealer this very Q ie how much for Xenon's onto a non-Xenon R56
    Forget the exact figure but it was over £2000. I think in the region of £2.2k
    Shall wait for my next MINI

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    just out of curiousity... why does the xenons etc require a washer system by law? sorry if its a dumb question but I didnt realise that. :S

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I think it's due to the nature of the beam, which, when the lens gets covered in crap distorts the angle therefore potentially blinding on coming drivers, with the washer system the crap is allegedly washed off.

Not 100 per cent on that

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    ahhh, i see, ur probably right... is it just me or does everyone else agree the washers are rubbish lol

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I think it's due to the nature of the beam, which, when the lens gets covered in crap distorts the angle therefore potentially blinding on coming drivers, with the washer system the crap is allegedly washed off.

Not 100 per cent on that
    for once you are bang on the money.... also that is why they have to have auto levelling aswell...