Car booked in for Tuesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Car goes in on Tuesday to see about the weird revving problem i seem to get when stop start system cant decided to shut off or not. one of guys says im wrong and it has nothing to do with stop start as the system doesnt control the throttle. He didnt really know what to say when i replied well if it's not that what is it? Hes blaming my rubber mats which are secured to the floor like many of the other thousands of minis.

Anyway hopefully there will be something logged in diagnostics

Oh and warranty guy is taking pics of my alloys and sending them to BMW for a decision on whether they are to be replaced or not.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Car goes in on Tuesday to see about the weird revving problem i seem to get when stop start system cant decided to shut off or not. one of guys says im wrong and it has nothing to do with stop start as the system doesnt control the throttle. He didnt really know what to say when i replied well if it's not that what is it? Hes blaming my rubber mats which are secured to the floor like many of the other thousands of minis.

Anyway hopefully there will be something logged in diagnostics

Oh and warranty guy is taking pics of my alloys and sending them to BMW for a decision on whether they are to be replaced or not.
    Best of luck on all of that Baz. Have you tried to "humour them" by taking the mats out and seeing if the revving issue remains?

Hope they replace the wheels.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Hope you get this sorted Baz Ive not had my car all week due to the grill popping out and then damaging my bumper .

Also pics have been sent to BMW for my R105's as they are corroding badly aswell.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

GCA3N
    This is not a gr8 advert for mini. I can see why folks just give up sometimes. Best of luck with your probs guys.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    This is not a gr8 advert for mini. I can see why folks just give up sometimes. Best of luck with your probs guys.
    Not a huge probelm its the first problem ive had with any of my MINIs it wont stop me buying another one just because a small bit trim popped off and damaged the bumper.Its got a warranty so it goes goes straight in and gets fixed and i get a courtsy car
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Yeah i have to say top marks to John Clarks who wanted to fill me with endless coffee and have also offered me another car on Tuesday so i'm not stranded.

William the 105's seem to be a huge problem from what i read over various forums.... kinda wondering if i should be cheeky and ask them to replace them with another style (if they agree to replace)

Thankfully no major problems... if i still had my mini one im sure my wallet would be bit lighter!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Have you tried to "humour them"

A.

Haha my humour ran out when i was asked if my foot was off the pedal!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Yeah i have to say top marks to John Clarks who wanted to fill me with endless coffee and have also offered me another car on Tuesday so i'm not stranded.

William the 105's seem to be a huge problem from what i read over various forums.... kinda wondering if i should be cheeky and ask them to replace them with another style (if they agree to replace)

Thankfully no major problems... if i still had my mini one im sure my wallet would be bit lighter!
    I have read that they are a bit of a problem but i only thought it was the burnished ones and not the black ones.it was only when I went to clean them and there is no paint on the back of the spokes and all the inner rim is bubbled and round the wheel nuts aswell.Took my pics up to the garage and they said they dont see a problem with replacing them.Im now thinking of asking if I can get something diffrent so they will fit over my brakes and hopefully not corod so badly.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Best of luck Baz. Hope you get it sorted. It amazes me sometimes what excuses dealers come up with for faults...

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    I miss my car already ... got standard cooper as courtesy car... soo appreciate my sports seats and auto aircon and new car smell!

Wont be long hopefully