My Car is going - the auditions have begun!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    I struggle to get 35mpg urban on my R56 Cooper.
    really??
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

euan
    Curve ball, and knowing how you like something a bit interesting, what about an Alpina D3? It's VERY high on my shopping list - 200BHP diesel...

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    I struggle to get 35mpg urban on my R56 Cooper.

I can't understand that, My R56 S has not seen a motor way yet, only driving about in banjo country so far, giving it a wee push here and there and getting 34mpg just now. When I picked it up the average fuel consumptionn was 44 mpg, not quite sure how that was managed.

baptie
    you should have said, I had a peugeot 307 1.4HDi.
    Nice big motor, great on the mileage (50mpg) and £35 a year to tax.............it certainly was no Coop S

The Dogfather
    I've seen 48.7 mpg in my Clubman S on the 35 mile trip to work.

Update - I arranged a test drive of a 335D Msport, only to get a phone call to say it sold just hours after I left it.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    My Vote is a White VW Sirocco but then again you look to have a wee bit of cash so I’d like the TT as well……….
    All of a sudden I seem to be noticing Stunning White cars….
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

The Dogfather
    I test drove nearly all the cars, I was least impressed by the JCW but I think that was down to the fact I've got a MINI so there wasn't that big a difference to what I drive now.

I like the Chrysler I hell of a lot but Jackie hated it so that one is out. Its all going to come down to the deal I can get. Order of preference and its pretty close run.

1. Audi TT
    2. MINI JCW = BMW 3.0D Coupe
    4. Brera 2.4 JTD (drove a 159)

I didn't get to drive the Sirocco but I'm not sure about its looks if I'm honest.

shaunbhoy67
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    I can't understand that, My R56 S has not seen a motor way yet, only driving about in banjo country so far, giving it a wee push here and there and getting 34mpg just now. When I picked it up the average fuel consumptionn was 44 mpg, not quite sure how that was managed.
    really christ i am only getting around the 28mpg around about town and farting about and i was getting 33mpg when doing a consistent speed, must be a heavy foot i have

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy67 View Post
    really christ i am only getting around the 28mpg around about town and farting about and i was getting 33mpg when doing a consistent speed, must be a heavy foot i have

28 seems low, yours is the turbo not the supersharger . I have been no angel with mine but by no means am i booting it everywhere, and most of my journeys have been less than 15 miles....so far. It won't know what's hit her when the twilight run happens.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    OK, its not my car its Jackie's, the Honda Civic.

We need to find a replacement....
    Audi TT TFSI
    Audi V6 Diesel (A4 Avant or A6 saloon)
    Chrysler 300C Diesel
    MINI JCW
    MINI Cooper S (high spec)
    VW Sirocco

Golf GTI
    BMW 3.0D (3,5 or 7 series)
    BMW 330D
    Jag XJ Diesel
    Jag X-Type 2.2D Sport Premium Estate
    Alfa Brera 2.4JTD
    Alfa 159 2.4JTD Sportwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    If you can hold off a few months VW have a GOLF GTD coming out later this year.

A.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Don't like golfs, plus a can't see a 2.0 4 being a patch on a 3.0 V6
    Make yer mind up laddie.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto