Rear Aero Spoiler Problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rocker4500
    I just noticed tonight that the right hand side of the spoiler (R50 Cooper Aero spoiler) seems to be loose/lifting up. Compaired to the other left hand side which is solid to the body the right hand side has lifted up about a centimeter and is clearly loose just at the right hand side.

Does anyone know how the spoiler actually attaches onto the car/boot? It seems to just be, possibly, a clip that is broken.

Any ideas?

Gary

GCA3N
    If you lift the boot lid up, near the top (ie boot hinges) there should be a couple of circle disc like covers. If you lever these off that should let you at a nut. Obviously you need to tighten them. I fitted mine to my R50 and that was what i found , should be the same as yours.

rocker4500
    That sounds like what it could be. I did notice those little round things, i didnt realise they were covers. I shall try removing them and see. It has probably just come loose!

.....I will go look now! Cheers

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker4500 View Post
    That sounds like what it could be. I did notice those little round things, i didnt realise they were covers. I shall try removing them and see. It has probably just come loose!

.....I will go look now! Cheers

Can't remember the size of socket you need but it was a tight fit getting it in, best of luck.

rocker4500
    Just been out and looked....had both caps off but no bolts on ether side....it looks like mines has actually been glued on!

I think I will take it down to the MINI garage 2morro to find out the deal with it!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by rocker4500 View Post
    Just been out and looked....had both caps off but no bolts on ether side....it looks like mines has actually been glued on!

I think I will take it down to the MINI garage 2morro to find out the deal with it!

Bugger

rocker4500
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    Bugger
    Haha I know never mind...at least its not flapping about! I will take it down tomorrow and see! But thanks anyway for the help

iirc aero spoilers are normally glued on, let us know how you get on

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    when i fitted a roof spoiler to my R53 it was bonded onto the tailgate
    the dealer will be able to supply a sachet of the bonding material they use

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

rocker4500
    Just been down to the garage and yes, it is a bonding kit used to attach it on. In order to fix it, he said really you would have to take the whole thing off, clean it and rebond it. However, for a body shop to do it, it appears to be around £80 However I am looking into it. I don't fancy doing it myself as known my luck id get it squint!!!!