**Seafront Spectacular 2009**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    c16per
    **Seafront Spectacular 2009**
    Saturday 25th July 2009
    11am untill 5pm
    to be held in arbroath (north east scotland), at victiora park

its a successful day-long family fun day at Arbroath's glorious seafront. The show featured a wide range of 'spectacular' attractions including aerobatic flying displays, helicopter pleasure flights, car clubs, motor cycle clubs, stunt driving, armed forces demonstrations, refreshments including a beer tent, local bands, stalls, traders, exhibitors and a large funfair.

A unique part of the Spectacular is the seafront flying display. Although popular south of the border Arbroath is the only Scottish town to feature a flying display as part of a seaside show. The Victoria Park provides a natural arena for viewing airborne acts.

The RAF have provided flying displays in previous years with notable attendees being the world famous Red Arrows. Their Aerobatic Team amazed the crowds with their astonishing aerial ballet including the mighty Chinook Helicopter which performed its award winning gravity defying display and the formidable Tornado F3 from nearby RAF Leuchars in Fife which demonstrated its ability to power itself around the sky at both low and very high speeds.Russ Swift at Arbroath's Seafront Spectacular

2008 also saw the return of the well known Stunt Driver Russ Swift demonstrating extraordinary manoeuvres on two wheels using a Mini Cooper.

this year there a scottishmini.co.uk and amoc stand, its free entry, and there also camping on satrday night with a barbque (bring ur on grub and beers) loads of fun to be had... meeting point is focus car park - west way arbroath at 10 am. if u need any more info just pm

charles

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Is anybody else thinking of attending this?

We're thinking about heading along to this for a bit, hopefully I'll have had a bit of time to do a little work on the car by then and we'll be able to make this the little lad's first car-based outing

Forbes
    Not really thought about it, but possibly. Might head down for the day.

Car
    Cooper
    Anyone off to this.....???

Have not been on a run for so long and need some cheer.....and a fix of Mini's .....

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Quote Originally Posted by indigomatt View Post
    Anyone off to this.....???

Have not been on a run for so long and need some cheer.....and a fix of Mini's .....
    I'd say yes, but it's only 5 miles from my house, not much of a run

baptie
    Arbroath are wondering if the Clan/SM/NMS would be up for a spelling competition on the day?

Possibley spelling out 'MINI' or '50' in mini/MINI's on the day, something to do with a birthday of somekind

I said we would be delighted, I will ask about and guage the interest.

up for it?

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    This used to be a really popular event but things kinda deteriorated ... last time i went to this there was no police convoy through the town centre... no spelling out of Mini and we got punted to back of the park.

Put me off from going back to be fair and think others feel the same ... Shoppie used to organise this pretty well but he isn't as active on here anymore.

Be nice to get decent turn out tho ... i remember we used to get near 50 Minis from NMS alone!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

baptie
    Spoke to Howard and he said NMS used to have a massive turn out, as have the clan in pervious years.

Would be good to get as many as possible on the hill and get a good few pics of it for all the club websites.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Yeah, pity this 'died' on the NMS side

I attended 2006 & 2007 & the turnout was MASSIVE

2006 we had the convoy throught the town but 2007 it was cancelled for some reason which was a tad disappointing

I reckon the popularity of other NMS 'driving' type runs at this time of year has diluted this one which in a way is a pity as I just love those 'take a away' smokies

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Yep, also attended this in the past, but, it was Shoppie's run and no one (including me) took it up when he sold on his MINI.

The drive through Arbroath was brilliant and this of course gained us entry at no cost.