Ferrari and F1 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Thought this was an interesting point :

All those saying goodbye to Ferrari need to realize the only way that the smaller teams get to compete is by buying engines and technology from the bigger teams like Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams at a fraction of the price that it cost to develop. If you stop the top teams from developing you stop the sport as a whole from moving forward.

So where are the smaller 'brand' teams gonna get their engines from if you remove some of the big guns?
    Ferrari only supply Toro Rosso these after Force India moved to Mercedes, so losing them as an engine supplier wouldn't hurt that much. You'd be more likely to see someone like Cosworth come back in.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Thought this was an interesting point :

This is why Ferrari are thinking what is the point, this is why Ferrari are thinking why make our great brand look mediocre, why make us drive slower than we could if we were allowed to operate to our potential, and this is why elite brand constructors such as McLaren could follow them out.

I want to see people competing to their maximum, the best drivers competing in the quickest cars, and if everyone does that then the best team and person will win and the titles will mean something.

These rules are going so far that the FIA might as well give all teams the same car and just have a drivers championship.

Good luck Ferrari
    I think that is a very interesting article - where's it from? i think that it's definitely one perspective. Personally, I like the championship being thrown about a bit, it's much more fun seeing how long the ice man takes to blow his cool in a race, and it'll maybe teach Lewis to look after his tyres a bit better in the long run as he has a very aggressive style that is hard on tyres (how many times have you seen him ruin a set of tyres?). So I'm all in favour as it's been awesome seeing the cars sliding about again. Once the big teams sort out their issues I'm still not convinced they'll be that much faster than the Red Bull and the Brawn, especially if they ever fit KERS to that Red Bull, Vettel would have blatted blast Massa on Sunday had he had it. But if I was Ferrari I'd not be that happy seeing my car so far down the grid because the FIA changed the rules, again.

So who'll win? Luca or Spanky? My money is that Spanky will be out of there in the next year once Bernie get's involved.

Car
    2004 works s
    good points there boys and i for one will not be watching or attending any f1 next year if ferrari pullout then again there wont be formula one if they pull out because you all know FERRARI is formula one .....i rest my case

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    good points there boys and i for one will not be watching or attending any f1 next year if ferrari pullout then again there wont be formula one if they pull out because you all know FERRARI is formula one .....i rest my case
    Well, wouldn't go that far but according some of the marketing stuff for F1, a third of fans that go to a GP are there to see Ferrari.

This just isn't going to happen next year. The usual formula seems to be:

• Spanky makes some extreme judgement on what needs to happen.
    • Uproar, threat of legal and teams leaving
    • Bernie makes some ill-judged comments
    • Spanky decides to soften his approach (fnar fnar) and then the teams agree to stay and continue

Still, wouldn't be F1 without the politics...

I'd intrigued where they would go though. Can you imagine them all rocking up for Le Mans instead?

Now Renault threating to withdraw from F1 unless capping introduced.
    Stephen & Allyson

mini saltire
    F1 needs a good shake of the tree, the spending is criminal. Ferrari should go for Le Mans 24hrs to prove their reliability issues, everyone knows they build fast cars but can they build an Audi slayer..I think probably not.

Car
    2004 works s
    Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    F1 needs a good shake of the tree, the spending is criminal. Ferrari should go for Le Mans 24hrs to prove their reliability issues, everyone knows they build fast cars but can they build an Audi slayer..I think probably not.

Car
    2004 works s
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Well, wouldn't go that far but according some of the marketing stuff for F1, a third of fans that go to a GP are there to see Ferrari.

This just isn't going to happen next year. The usual formula seems to be:

• Spanky makes some extreme judgement on what needs to happen.
    • Uproar, threat of legal and teams leaving
    • Bernie makes some ill-judged comments
    • Spanky decides to soften his approach (fnar fnar) and then the teams agree to stay and continue

Still, wouldn't be F1 without the politics...

I'd intrigued where they would go though. Can you imagine them all rocking up for Le Mans instead?

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by mini saltire View Post
    but can they build an Audi slayer..I think probably not.
    They would have to produce a diesel to do that
    There are Ferraris in the sports car classes tho They just have to build one to beat the Porsches
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    They would have to produce a diesel to do that
    There are Ferraris in the sports car classes tho They just have to build one to beat the Porsches
    I saw them in the British GT champs last year and they were VERY fast motors. Bear in mind also that Ferrari supply A1GP with the cars and engines, based on the car from a couple of years ago i think. Would they go there? Doubtful, it doesn't have the technical regulations they are looking for.

Le Mans - I think it's still possible to win without a diesel, but it would be bloody hard work! Would need the drivers to drive the car flat out with no issues with the car the whole race - very hard to achieve!