Playmini hotting heat sheild, moving right and melting bumper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Guys,

Well....update! me and my bro took the exhaust of removed the link pipe, cleaned up the ends slapped exhaust paste all over the male end to lubricate and let it slide in better and used a rubber hammer to hammer it as far in as it will go. That coupled with the cablee tie bracket fix highlighted on the mini2 forum and bingo it looks, sounds and performs soooo much better.

It growls meaner, drives smoother and does not hit against the shield or bumper. It sits perfect :) and much further back.

thanks Guys.

P.S. does this have to be swapped over to the standard exhaust come TLC service time?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by wu_swordsman View Post
    P.S. does this have to be swapped over to the standard exhaust come TLC service time?
    Shouldn't be any reason why they won't change your oil and filter cause of you're exhaust

doogz__
    Surely a non BMW-MINI performance modification like that will invalidate your warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    Surely a non BMW-MINI performance modification like that will invalidate your warranty?
    On the exhaust yes but unless they can prove that your shiney exhaust is causing your windows not to function (or whatever other warranty claim you are trying to make) then no

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Glad you got it sorted
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

So all was fine. It is perfectly aligned and looks good but I have now developed a crazy violent rattle when idling that shakes the whole car. It's coming from the back box area but the back box and pipe is not touching the heat shield or bumper at all. God I'm gettin fed up with this exhaust. This only happens when it gets hot and to top it off I have somethign rattling around insdide the back box as well GRRR!!!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Also when fitting a Playmini exhaust the bracket for the rear silencer is sided so make sure it's the right way round otherwise the Exhaust sits offset slightly and melts the bumper
    Fountain of knowledge, this lad

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    gonna dig this up as found out information.

If you fit any modification to the car it will invalidate your warranty, but not your TLC package.

but it does depend on your dealer on how they play by the book.

Some dealers will let customers off with some things where others wont allow anything unless its by the book.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    If you fit any modification to the car it will invalidate your warranty, but not your TLC package
    I must say i had excellent service at JC's for my modded MINI's, but, i'd be a tad miffed if a dealer refused to fix a faulty window winder because i'd fitted an exhaust

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I must say i had excellent service at JC's for my modded MINI's, but, i'd be a tad miffed if a dealer refused to fix a faulty window winder because i'd fitted an exhaust
    seems harsh, but if BMW/MINI say so... i guess we have to comply.

But then, it is down to dealer descetion on if they want to or not

we generally, are alright, aslong as its nothing to do with what the fault is