Power problem

lowrider
    I have recently been having a problem with the performance on my r50 2002 cooper.
    At times the car seems to feel restricted of power ,not drastic, but noticeable. It usually coincides with the gears feeling lumpy/ more difficult to engage. Usually the car feels responsive,smooth and lively (especially with the addition of a CAI kit) Hope its not just a typical Midlands box!

Any advice/solutions appreciated, as this is really annoying.

Thanks, Andrew

Forbes
    Have you tried putting in some super unleaded, i don't know if it is a placebo or actually helps but i feel the difference. My 04 Cooper is the same.

lowrider
    Been using super since I bought the car.
    Read a thread that mentioned disconnecting the BATTERY for 20mins to reset the ECU?

Forgot to mention, recently fitted BMC CAI kit and just found out there is a blow in the rear of the exhaust. Though the problem was there before fitting the BMC and exhaust blow!