Newbie Q's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    R7 ETH
    Sorry in advance !!

The cooper that i am getting comes with the CD prep kit and a cassette player. I want to put in a multichanger however Dunedin want £250 for one is there a cheaper alternative that i can fit myself utilising the CD prep kit and no need for more wiring ?

I want to get clear bulbs all round but which type (ie fitting) do i need. Also clear side indicator lenses.

Also i want to change the vent around the indicators also, not very fond of the shark fins but i have seen an OEM version in chrome where is the cheapest to buy from ?

Any links, prices or suggestions would be more than welcome

Kind Regards
    Gareth

Julz
    Well, I would recommend taking a trip to http://www.newministuff.co.uk/ and have a look at what mikeythemini has to offer!! But I'm sure there'll be plenty of people able to help you out here as these are some pretty common queries!!

Resident old yin.
    Try http://www.powerbulbs.com/ for bulbs.

Wul
    Gareth - there is a sony CD changer and interface available (see Julz link) which plays MP3's too for less than the OEM one - or check out the for sale forum on www.MINI2.com as there's always some appearing there for a lot less than £250!

Clear Bulbs in the front - only need to put osram indicator bulbs in there http://www.powerbulbs.com/ are a good supplier of these and other types of bulbs. The rear clusters involve replacing the whole assembly it's £175 from your dealer or you can get lexus style ones on ebay for £90 - starky has these. As for the side repeaters - there are several ways of doing this - there are chrome versions of the standard style ones available from www.newminisport.com - but they are pricey (about £70!) and the repeater lense itself is extra :( or the shark fin ones with clear lenses are £40-£50 on ebay or www.coolnew.co.uk , or you can go for 'S' ones or get the siver paint out on your own ones!

Wul
    Bugger Ken - you beat me to the powerbulbs link!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Bugger Ken - you beat me to the powerbulbs link!
    I'm sure if was a Meguiars query you'd be first though.

Starky
    Try also www.gap-germany.com I seen this link for chrome bits on Mini2.

Wul
    I got my chrome door scoops from that dude - got them on ebay though for £20 :) Good service.

Starky
    Good selection of chrome bits too, don't know if I fancy the chrome side protection bits though.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    mmmm - chrome side protection strips :approve: Just what I need to stop my nightmares about people opening there doors onto my mini and denting it . Call me stupid :clown: but I cannot find any prices or how to order info on the website