R56 s diesel rattle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Resident old yin.
    What is the vanos?

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    What is the vanos?

no idea but if you type bmw and vanos in google search and try searching for vanos rattle etc etc
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Vanous (Variable Onckenwellen Steuerung) is varable valve timing in short
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Grieg, I feel so sorry for you mate....

I won't go into great detail, but this was a fault on both on my S's and as others have said if it breaks, your warranty will sort it. That to me is not what a new car is about. I hate it when I have problems with a newish car (especially bigger problems) and I rightly or wrongly think that it should be fixed. MINI were unable to do this with my 2 cars and I was given misinformation by various within MINI and for this reason I did not want another R56 S as I could not trust the model not to do the same thing as some of the problems they did not have a fix for...

I really hope you get all the problems fixed to your satisfaction and you can continue to enjoy your car rather than have it in the garage getting fixed...

oh aye and "I told you so!!!! "

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Grieg, I feel so sorry for you mate....

I won't go into great detail, but this was a fault on both on my S's and as others have said if it breaks, your warranty will sort it. That to me is not what a new car is about. I hate it when I have problems with a newish car (especially bigger problems) and I rightly or wrongly think that it should be fixed. MINI were unable to do this with my 2 cars and I was given misinformation by various within MINI and for this reason I did not want another R56 S as I could not trust the model not to do the same thing as some of the problems they did not have a fix for...

I really hope you get all the problems fixed to your satisfaction and you can continue to enjoy your car rather than have it in the garage getting fixed...

oh aye and "I told you so!!!! "
    I know, I know. I am ok about it though.

Wannabe F1 test pilot Neil and Lorna's Avatar
    Our R56 JCW is in JC's just now having the brakes looked at.

They are also going to investigate our diesel noise.

Been some interesting reading in this thread as the guy I spoke to today didn't know what the solution is.

BTW We got a BMW 320D as a courtesy car, I'm sorry if any of you's out there have one but I dont like it.
    My own opinion, boring uneventful drive home, nearly sent me to sleep.
    Gear box was like stirring frozen porridge.

Neil.
    Neil Lorna

MINI Countryman Cooper S All 4

Quote Originally Posted by Neil and Lorna View Post
    Our R56 JCW is in JC's just now having the brakes looked at.

They are also going to investigate our diesel noise.

Been some interesting reading in this thread as the guy I spoke to today didn't know what the solution is.

BTW We got a BMW 320D as a courtesy car, I'm sorry if any of you's out there have one but I dont like it.
    My own opinion, boring uneventful drive home, nearly sent me to sleep.
    Gear box was like stirring frozen porridge.

Neil.
    frozen porridge classic