Start/ Stop problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Now that the weather is warming my Start/Stop function is kicking in more and i generally like it and got used to it, but recently on the odd occasion the engine will appear to cut out then suddenly rev up to about 2k and then idle normally.

Anyone else had this?

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    Laser blue Cooper S Convertible :-D
    My mum had this with her R56 mini one- apparently the engine starts again after a certain period of time to stop the battery being drained too much- or so she was told

E m m a

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Now that the weather is warming my Start/Stop function is kicking in more and i generally like it and got used to it, but recently on the odd occasion the engine will appear to cut out then suddenly rev up to about 2k and then idle normally.

Anyone else had this?

I presume you can just turn it off, to stop it.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Yeh if i disable start stop then it wont happen.

Just did it again pulling into drive there, revs drop as if it is about to cut out as normal then suddenly revs up again and idles instead.

GCA3N
    Having just started to use this system I am still unclear on exactly it's ins and outs. Is it working differently from before. When I stop the car and remove my foot from the clutch it stops, but if i keep in on the clutch even just resting my foot against the the peddle it idles. What I have noticed is that when i pull into the drive and stop, pull on the handbrake, sometimes it cuts out and other times it does'nt, will need to read up a bit on it. Hope this very little helps

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Yeah sometimes if the car has not been running long enough or the temp outside is too cold it wont auto stop. Its like it cant decide if it should cut out or idle so it does a wee rev to itself ... might need to take a trip to JC's but its difficult to show them as it is so intermittent.

Baz I've not had this problem, but just go into JCs and ask them if there has been a known fault or problem like this or even check some other mini sites and see what they say.

Resident old yin.
    There is a long list of things listed in the manual which prevent the stop from happening.

I've not noticed any problems with mine and think it is a worthwhile feature.

not had any problem so far, what I have noticed if I pull up to the garage to put the car away and take my foot of the clutch it will cut out, if however I make a few maneuvers to line up with the garage it won't cut off clever wee thing.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Yeah if you engage reverse then it wont cut out incase you are maneuvering. Will take a trip to dealers next week and ask about my alloys at same time.