Pads and discs on the R56

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    DOH!!! I shoulda saw that. Well I'll update the post tomorrow once I've been over. My thought is they will say it's because the pads were so worn down but the OBC said they weren't needing done for 1400 miles so I'd say it's still the cars fault.

GCA3N
    I know it's not an R56, but I changed the discs on my R50 at 45k and there were really worn. But then again i like the old spirited driving too. (Had the car from 30k)

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    when my car was serviced in november last year i was told
    i only had 680 miles left on the pads
    i never got them done as the car had only done 18000 in two years i waited
    till pad warning light came on (last week) at 22000 mls and i only needed to replace the front pads discs and rear pads are ok

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN MILNE View Post
    when my car was serviced in november last year i was told
    i only had 680 miles left on the pads
    i never got them done as the car had only done 18000 in two years i waited
    till pad warning light came on (last week) at 22000 mls and i only needed to replace the front pads discs and rear pads are ok
    That's not far off mine then as just over 20000 miles. It's good to know someone else has had to replace discs too and not just me.

Spoke to JC's and they were really good, explained everything so I'm happy with what's been done. Even got the service book stamped now.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    That's not far off mine then as just over 20000 miles. It's good to know someone else has had to replace discs too and not just me.

Spoke to JC's and they were really good, explained everything so I'm happy with what's been done. Even got the service book stamped now.
    John never changed his discs though, just his pads.

I have changed the front pads on a CooperD that had 33k on it and to be fair they really didnt need changed for another 4 or 5k but the owner wanted them done as he is a driving instructor and the car is used all day. The discs on that were fine.
    The pads and retaining clips and backing plate grease was about £60 I think.

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    John never changed his discs though, just his pads.

I have changed the front pads on a CooperD that had 33k on it and to be fair they really didnt need changed for another 4 or 5k but the owner wanted them done as he is a driving instructor and the car is used all day. The discs on that were fine.
    The pads and retaining clips and backing plate grease was about £60 I think.
    Ok, Will see how these discs fair and if they need replaced in another 20,000 miles then cause for concern.