Wheels Wheels finally

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    been going back and forward as to what wheels to get.

Currently top of the list are these. although the ones in the picture are 8x17 but the guy at Think Mini reckons there won't be any issue running with the correct offset and 205x40x17, however my tyres are 205x45x17. I do have my name on another set 7.5x17. This chaps has said that a guy has them fitted and the 8x17 rub on the front so he fitted a 5mm spacers. Another option available is the staggered set up 7.5 fronts and 8 to the rear.

The 8x17 will have a nicer deeper dish.

but then I think I only want them as I had these fitted to my E30 and E36 and they were nice. Might be better sticking with OEM.

and how they would look on the car

Last edited by Scottie; 12th May 2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    stunning, very very nice, my second fav wheels, top are Ryan K's 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Pirelli P Zeros

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Too much metal there for me Fi. I don't think they work on a MINI tbh. All in my humble opinion of course.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Nice wheel but would have to be an 18'' wheel and not 17'' just dosent look right with that wheel in 17'' IMHO
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Hmmm i dont think they suit mini ... too BMW esqu but again only imo

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

roysterdsb
    I think its one of the best looking wheels on a mini, the slammed one in the picture looks stunning (looks like its been seriously lowered on coilovers and been playing about with different spacers to get that kind of look)

Dave @ ThinkMini is a top bloke and I really knows what he is talking about.
    Last edited by roysterdsb; 26th April 2009 at 08:48 AM.

Car
    R53 GP
    Really nice wheels, like them alot!

Are you going for genuine LM's or the Replicas. Not a fan of replicas but if they are genuine then

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    Below link are Linea Corse Wheels (BBS LM Reps)but it will show you how that style of wheel looks on an R56.. ie Amazing

The below are 8 x 18" i believe and he is running 19mm spacers up front and 15mm on the rear.. Plus it has been fairly slammed on Coilovers.

Last edited by Ivano; 26th April 2009 at 03:15 PM.

yip pretty much agree with what you have all said the for and against. also thinking some Team Dynamic Pros in 17's in anthracite.
    Cooper Coupe...

pictures of the wheels have my name against these ones there the 7.5 x 17's

I won't go bigger for wheels niether will I lower my car, been there done than that and will never ever do it again.

Need to let the guy know this week whether I'll take them or not.

Last edited by Scottie; 26th April 2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...