Weird Rattle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I had a weird clonk coming from the front left side of my car when coming to a stop or when taking off only started after the the run at the weekend on the road home.

I moaned about it to Allan all Sunday night, drove to my work Monday the clonk got worse so he took the car in the afternoon to check turned out I had loose bolts on both front wheels. The bolts were checked a couple weeks back but he had not put them to the correct torque required for the R56 which is a 150nm, now all done and checked and the clonk has gone.
    Phew close call.
    What song were you singing at the weekend, was it "Three Wheels On My Wagon"?

Stephen
    Stephen & Allyson

GCA3N
    That is shocking, lucky nothing worse happened

yeah considering I said to him more than once are you sure my wheel bolts are on tight.
    Cooper Coupe...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Phew close call.
    What song were you singing at the weekend, was it "Three Wheels On My Wagon"?

Stephen
    music was off and as you can imagine, I kept (shouting) saying to Allan at every roundabout and junction

"do you hear that"

it was his fault no matter what the problem was.
    Cooper Coupe...

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Have booked it on for monday. Have advised them of the possible causes and they'll take it from there .

GCA3N
    Did you have a feel about the rear spring?

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    Did you have a feel about the rear spring?
    I tried but I could feel any spring

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Ok, SO Diagnosis was the bushings and the anti-roll bar had gone. Fixed under warranty, Needs new brake pads and discs, also needs new wipers.

Fester
    mmmmm wierd rattles are this weeks guess the problem. After the run last week I had a knocking noise coming from the rear drivers side I too have checked the spring, tightened my wheel nuts, turns out the brake pad is moving, its sligthly loose, looks like hardly any wear on it. Ahh the fun of owning a mini.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fester View Post
    mmmmm wierd rattles are this weeks guess the problem. After the run last week I had a knocking noise coming from the rear drivers side I too have checked the spring, tightened my wheel nuts, turns out the brake pad is moving, its sligthly loose, looks like hardly any wear on it. Ahh the fun of owning a mini.

That is a strange one dude, pad should not be moving. On a lighter note i have had the strangest rattle in my car for the past week. could not put my finger on it. It sounded like the typical rattle/squeek that R50's tend to have but this was new. Spent all last week trying to find it. Eventually coming home from knockhill i found when i pressed on the passenger rear floor it stopped. well i could not understand. I was out today with the wife and said to her she looked about while I was driving, she than pulled the bottle of fanta in the middle cup holder out and it stopped. What an arse, I cannot believe it was a bottle of juice causing this.....I am a fool