A seal has scuffed my roof?

d00b
    Coming back from a nice camping trip to Machrahanish on Kintyre (some nice roads for the Mini), I'm doing 65mph+ on the A82 near Dumbarton and I hear a banging on the roof of my 1 and 1/2 week old One so I pull over to find the seal between the roof and the windscreen has come loose and is battering the roof

I phone roadside assistance who tell me, as I'm nearly there, it should be safe to proceed home if I take it off. The technician come to my house and simply "pops" it back in. So I ask why has it come loose? He's afraid he has no idea? Great so what am I to do? Well I have to take it to the dealer for them to investigate, and anyway they have to polish out the big scuff marks the seal has made whilst pounding my roof. :(

I'm just glad I stopped when I did as the road was busy and I would not like to be the person behind me who might have got the seal through their window

Yes I'm one half of MiniFeb29 on Mini2 :)

Sponsor & Jakey
    OUCH !! :blackeye:
    That's a bit of a nasty D00b I'd certianly let the dealer know that I was less than chuffed about it.

Hope everything gets sorted to your satisfaction.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    Hee hee, when i first read the heading, I pictured the sea mammal bouncing off your roof!!

duncan
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Hee hee, when i first read the heading, I pictured the sea mammal bouncing off your roof!!
    Glad it wasn't just me then, phew!

Linda M
    quote:Originally posted by satelite

Glad it wasn't just me then, phew!
    ME TOO
    Get to your dealer doob, I'd be real miffed with scuff marks on my roof :mad:

d00b

Should never have tied that fish to the arial? :clown: