GP Alloys - Refurbishable?

andylinney
    Hi all,

more of a lurker than a poster but we're considering selling the GP and want to tidy it up a bit before we do so. It's used as a daily commuter so over the last 3 years has picked up a few kerb marks. As the wheels seem to be coated in a lacquer this has broken down and we could do with either replacing one of them or perhaps getting it refurbished. Is this possible with the lacquered finish?

Andy

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I would think so, RS500 Cosworth wheels were similar and they used to diamond cut them I think.

The Dogfather
    You'd have to find a place that would be willing to do them. SEM in Sunderland do the diamond cutting but its not cheap and it would depend on whether they have the template for the wheel.

The alloys on my R are daimond cut and the refurbs costs about £80 a wheel