Quote Originally Posted by camjay View Post
Guys. Hi. Computer been off for a few days. Went into Parks in Glasgow and the guy fixed it in 2 seconds. It IS to do with this "safety" mechanism, and, sometimes, even though you're putting the proper nozzle in, if you put it in at a funny angle, it can trigger the mechanism and therefore puts this "locking" system on! There are 2 buttons on the filler neck which you push together and this releases it! I don't fancy doing this, as I value my fingers too much!

To be honest, its a system I could do without!!!!!!! Thanks for the advice though and I've kept the mini assist number. I don't know what it is, but i've only had this car for 6 months, and its given me quite a bit of bother already!! Has anyone else had a car thats been "unlucky"???
16 times with dash rattles, 2 sets of runners for the passenger seat and one set for the driver, new door seals on both sides, new arial, New speedo cluster, felt pack added, new dash trim, Gerabox parts replaced and interior door trim replaced on drivers side, think that's all. So yes you're not alone with the R56 . Glad you got it fixed.