Help asap please!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    camjay
    Hi. Just gone to fuel up the car and the deisel nozzle won't go in! There is a bar that has fallen accross the inside of the filler neck which looks to be on some sort of spring mechanism. I does move, but doesn't open fully to allow the deisel nozzle from the pump in! Only got 100 miles of deisel left - got to get to work tomorrow - panicking!!!!! (I drive as part of my job)
    Last edited by camjay; 13th April 2009 at 05:10 PM.

camjay
    Can I just add that I am aware BMW has some protective system to prevent putting petrol into a diesel car (or visa versa). It was definately diesel I tried to put in (very conscious of this in case I make a mistake).

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i would phone bmw sevice out if i was you
    New sig coming soon

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    0800777101. That's the number for Mini assistance. they helped me when I couldn't get my car started. Best number you can have other than calling the nearest dealer. I think they're 24hr to.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    if your car is still covered by mini warranty i would call mini assist immediately

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    if your car is still covered by mini warranty i would call mini assist immediately
    I think it is, she has a 58 plate and the warranty is 3 years isn't it, or is it only a year?

Purdie
    yeah its a two year warranty with a year dealer warranty im sure, i may be wrong though

camjay
    Guys. Hi. Computer been off for a few days. Went into Parks in Glasgow and the guy fixed it in 2 seconds. It IS to do with this "safety" mechanism, and, sometimes, even though you're putting the proper nozzle in, if you put it in at a funny angle, it can trigger the mechanism and therefore puts this "locking" system on! There are 2 buttons on the filler neck which you push together and this releases it! I don't fancy doing this, as I value my fingers too much!

To be honest, its a system I could do without!!!!!!! Thanks for the advice though and I've kept the mini assist number. I don't know what it is, but i've only had this car for 6 months, and its given me quite a bit of bother already!! Has anyone else had a car thats been "unlucky"???

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdie View Post
    yeah its a two year warranty with a year dealer warranty im sure, i may be wrong though
    3 year warranty for all new MINIs registered in the UK.

Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by camjay View Post
    Guys. Hi. Computer been off for a few days. Went into Parks in Glasgow and the guy fixed it in 2 seconds. It IS to do with this "safety" mechanism, and, sometimes, even though you're putting the proper nozzle in, if you put it in at a funny angle, it can trigger the mechanism and therefore puts this "locking" system on! There are 2 buttons on the filler neck which you push together and this releases it! I don't fancy doing this, as I value my fingers too much!

To be honest, its a system I could do without!!!!!!! Thanks for the advice though and I've kept the mini assist number. I don't know what it is, but i've only had this car for 6 months, and its given me quite a bit of bother already!! Has anyone else had a car thats been "unlucky"???
    16 times with dash rattles, 2 sets of runners for the passenger seat and one set for the driver, new door seals on both sides, new arial, New speedo cluster, felt pack added, new dash trim, Gerabox parts replaced and interior door trim replaced on drivers side, think that's all. So yes you're not alone with the R56 . Glad you got it fixed.