New Front Tyres

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I've been very happy with my Toyo Proxies
    Well I have seen your pace on a manky thrash and if they cope well with you then Im sure they will be fine with me.
    Do you have T1R or T4?

So many choices of tyre manufacturers.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Do you have T1R or T4?
    Hmm, T1R's

Am gonna try the R888's next though, 300BHP seems to be just a tad too much

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Happy to spend circa £100 each corner.
    Bear in mind the JCW has more than 200 horses so I think decent rubber is needed.

I love the look of the yoko parada 2 but after reading the reviews they would be no good up here due to the rain most of the year.

Perhaps uniroyal rainsport 2 would be the answer.
    I would recommend them, my Cooper S wheel spins much less with them on. However I'm not sure about the combination of RFs on the back in the wet, you may spend a lot of time looking out of the side window

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Nothing wrong with looking out the side window.

Never gave me any problems with the Cooper.

The Dogfather
    I suppose the only difference is power and I guess the RFs aren't the ones putting the power down.

The Dogfather

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I had Yokohama Sdrives on the front with my ONE and found them to be great and brillinat int he dry but with the RF's on the back in the rain did find it to be a little more sliddy nothin stupid but just not the same as having all of the same tyre
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I have Toyo Proxes on my 18's (The older T1S at the mo, but I have a set of T1R in the garage )

I would say they are a good all-round and are available for less than £100 a corner online.

I also had Goodyear Eagle F1's and they were amazing. All the traffic boys use them on all their cars.

Resident old yin.
    Are people without a spare happy to have non-runflats? Not sure I would be, in fact I am sure that I wouldn't be.

The Dogfather
    Every car I've owned in the last 6 years hasn't had a spare, all without runflats. Only had to use the tyre gunk once and it got me home, and this was my first puncture in 10 years.