New Front Tyres

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Are people without a spare happy to have non-runflats? Not sure I would be, in fact I am sure that I wouldn't be.
    yeah, I have used non-runflats since 2003. hate the fact that tyres that cost nearly 3 times as much cannot (according to MINI and Manufactuer) be repaired, but the cheaper tyre with the thinner side walls can be repaired and used again. doesn't make sense to me...

Also tyre technology is much better these days and the reports of the old fashioned "blow outs" is much less, more likely to get a nail in your tyre (which normally drops the pressure a bit) and you can get that repaired rather than having to buy a new run-flat as it can't be repaired (according to MINI and Manufacturer).

IMHO the std tyres perform much better than run-flats, give a better ride and make the car more "alive".

S7JGW
    I can recommend Toyo T1Rs. Seem a good alrounder.
    Hav Prielli runflats on when i got the car and didnt like them at all.
    Also had Dunlop tyres (non runflat) on my last cooper not good, was considering taking the wipers off the windscreen and putting them on the side windows . Compared to the Dunlops and Pirellis the T1R gives more reliable grip and gives a decent milage out of them too. Also had the T1S Toyo too and they were not to good as the T1R.
    Just my 2p worth
    Jim

Resident old yin.
    I agree with you people.

Runflats are a total compromise in performance. I just wish the S came with the option of a spare.

Even worse than that is MINI dealers not happy to take a trade in with non-runflats!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I may just go a bit cheaper and buy the toyo's and buy 4. Keep the runflats in the loft until I am ready to trade the car back in.

Think I can get 205,45 17 toyo for about £90 each fitted.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    sounds like the best idea Ian... I needed 2 new front tyres at one point and worked out that for the cost of 2 run flats, if I added £50 more pounds, I could get 4 std tyres.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I had the same scenario Craig and went for four Federals for the price of two Dunlop runflats I'm in the fortunate position of having one of those silly space savers though so don't need to worry too much about having a puncture Forgot to mention I had Dunlop SP Sports on the Mondeo once and never againThey will kill you if its wet......terrible tyres IMO
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

totalhun
    i have the Toyo proxes on the front and are a million mile away from the runflats anyways, i had trouble with my cooper s sliding when i first got it, got the Toyos on and they have been very good, i got them from tyretraders.com, i thought they were quite cheap and i ordered them at 4pm and were on my doorstep at 10am the very next day!