Formula 1 '09 Thread - Melbourne - Includes Result

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    What did we think of the overtaking? Was there more?
    I would say yes.

The cars can defo follow each other much more closlely than before, and those with KERS seem to have a good advantage in over taking during the race.

Naturally, everyone is a bit cagey in Melbourne anyway, as it's all about finishing due to the high attrition rate.

Give the drivers time to get used to the way the new cars work, and I think we will begin to see more over taking, particularly as they all adopt and get to grips with KERS

euan
    KERS was very interesting to see where the drivers used it. Massa was using it all up by halfway round, Lewis the exact opposite.

I'd rather they all had it though, evens it out.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Brilliant Race!

As for Ferrari - HA
    Okay doke

Last edited by Crombers; 30th March 2009 at 08:04 AM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    time to let go from Ferrari, not overly keen since my all time fav, Schuey left and their wingin ways.
    Just jumpin ship when you feel like it eh!! , whatever happened to once a supporter, always a supporter

Wingin ways !! , you should just give up on yer footy team as well then

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Just jumpin ship when you feel like it eh!! , whatever happened to once a supporter, always a supporter

His team have been winging for much longer than Ferrari have!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    His team have been winging for much longer than Ferrari have!
    Staying firmly on topic

So what did you folks think of the 1st Grand Prix of the season then? I thought it was brilliant, good job done by the BBC I must say and NO adverts woo hoo and I got up to watch it live.

Glad to see Button get another podium, hopefully 1st of many. And also for team Brawn on their 1st race to get 1 & 2 is superb put the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak

Looks like it could be a good season...

I'm now just waiting for the MOTO GP season to start in a couple of weeks time, watched the test session yesterday and it was brilliant Casey Stoner was flying and got the fastest lap and by doing so was given a brand new BMW 135 coupe' thats has been modded. Now the 4th or 5th car he has received for fastest laps etc over the years, jammy git.

Car
    2004 works s
    FORZA FERRARI we will see 3 or 4 races in who are the men and who are the boys!!.dont know why everyone thinks that ferrari are winges ????they are probably looking for fairplay at the end of the day.i think F1 have made a KERS of this KERS system cmon the ONLY BIG GUNS that is SCUDERIA FERRARI

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    FORZA FERRARI we will see 3 or 4 races in who are the men and who are the boys!!.dont know why everyone thinks that ferrari are winges ????they are probably looking for fairplay at the end of the day.i think F1 have made a KERS of this KERS system cmon the ONLY BIG GUNS that is SCUDERIA FERRARI
    Now, and I'm only guessing here, that your a Ferrari fan. And that's fine. No, honestly is. However...

Ferrari are the biggest bunch of wingers since Ronaldo last played in the Champions League. Every time a team has the slightest advantage, they complain. Every time someone cuts them up into the 1st corner, even though Massa was on the wrong line, and probably the wrong gear, they complain. That's possibly the reason they have the reputation

KERS is interesting, I don't agree with Eddie Jordan that is has no place in F1, but I do think that once all the teams have it it'll bring a variety to the racing. If you have a car behind you that is pushing hard, do you use it in reaction to that driver or before him to get that little bit ahead? Very tactical - and it's important that as viewers we get to see who is using it when.

Rain is scheduled for Malaysia, so that means it's anyones race - new wet tyres all round, new cars, lower downforce and a slippy track. Can't wait for the carnage!

Car
    2004 works s
    surely cutting up is not fairplayas for wrong line wrong gear i dont know what yer talkin aboot