Bonnet Stripes and decals

camjay
    Hi. Apologies if you've maybe answered this question before, but what's the best way to keep bonnet stripes and decals looking clean. I was terrible at looking after my last mini and I found that the stripes and decals got very shabby looking I've learned my lesson and this time, I'm trying my best to keep my car clean and fresh looking. Any tips?

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Well I keep mine looking nice and clean by letting my co workers do hand break turns and hit my car, in turn needing a new paint job and thus new bonnet stripes . Possibly not the route for everyone though .

Answer, I'm not sure but I'd like to know to, over to someone with a sensible answer...

GCA3N
    They can scratch easily, so I guess it's just a case of making sure you wash them well, I have black stripes and they do get small scratches even if you are carefull.

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    I was told when I got my roof decal done not to use polish on it

Fester
    I've had no problems with mine and they get regular polishing and waxing, very much depends on the quality though.

Car
    mini cooper s
    when buying graphics, try and ask for them to be laminated, gives it a nice finish and it protects them too, but it will cost a bit more

nik
    T006SHY

camjay
    Thanks guys. Will just have to do my best and be especially keen to keep my car clean . Cheers.

BigStuff
    I just use a quick detailer (Megs one) and microfibre to wipe my lack stripes at end of wash/dry process