Fifth Gear Mini Special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 MCS
    Just caught a fleeting advert for this on C5. Appears that they are dedicating monday nights(26/4/04) prog to minis new and old. May be worth a watch.

Mini Martyn
    Yip i saw the advert for it too, think it will be a must watch.

quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Yip i saw the advert for it too, think it will be a must watch.
    It was in the Times as a must see, or something on channel 5 was anyway, which must be a first for channel 58)8)
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

GAJ
    Pick of the day in The Guardian too. Mentions a 400bhp beast from Huddersfield.

Mini Martyn
    I missed this tonight was it any good and is it worth watching on Wednesday when its back on?

Car
    R56 MCS
    it was ok. probally just over half dedicated to classic minis. No MINIs though. There was a chance to win a classic which may float your boat. Not sure what i thought of the 300bhp one, looked a bit shoogly!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Caught a very quick glimpse of a Zeemaxed MINI and (I think) the gold thing that was featured in Go Mini. Other than that it was entirely classic Mini. Some real beauties there though, a fair bit of the feature was from Mini 45 at Sandown Park (didn't see Seany & Una though).

Linda phoned up for the competition so, fingers crossed for an absolutely cracking original Mini Cooper arriving through the letterbox soon :)

Oh, and for those of you who may be interested :clown: You did get to see Vicki Butler Henderson in a mini (skirt)
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

seany
    was there willie, at sandown, was working last night but got it taped.

lightbody
    What a terrible programme!

I don't mind it ignoring the new MINI (its only 3 after all, not 45...) but the people and cars they showed were not representative of the mini-scene and the competition to win a Classic Mini on a £1 phone/text was just profiteering.

Poor show, channel 5!

Got to agree with Lightbody. I was looking forward to seeing all types of my favourite motor, not just classics. It was still okay, but could have been soooo much better.

Julz, I think you should contact them and they can do a whole show on your MINI to make up for it!