Replacement Exhaust for Cooper S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Morri7
    Milltek is ace. Sounds a bit deeper than stock on tick over but give it the beans and it sounds great. It's not even noticable when driving on the motorway for long periods of time.
    The car seems to pick up from low revs a little quicker too.
    They are about £490 which is quite a lot. I was lucky and got mine this time last year in a Mini2 group buy for £318 so keep your eye out for something like that again. Took me 8 hours to fit it though!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm getting one fitted in a weeks time

S7JGW
    8 hours to fit
    I thought it was a few bolts n a few clamps and was expecting a couple of hours. Was it badly rusted? Or just a pain to fit?
    Jim

Morri7
    Yeah 8 hours! My wife was not amused! The old one was difficult to remove because of the rust and I could not get the car high enough to work comfortably underneath. I had to use a grinder at one point and this was not a pleasent experience when it was only a few inches from my face! Once that was off the Milltek was easy to fit...untill I discovered that they and not supplied all the bolts! I just managed to go into town (in a different car obviously!) to get some before the shop shut.......it was worth it in the end though.
    The other reason it took so long could just be that I am rubbish!!

S7JGW
    Hmm mabee see if i can get it up on my mates ramp then. I have used a ginder on my girlfriends last car to take the exhaust off. Not too keen on taking the ginder to my car tho lol.
    Im due home next weekend so we will so how it goes next week hopefully.
    Jim

Morri7
    Get it up as high as you can and have someone handy to pass the sockets/spanners to you. I spent half my time getting out from under the car to get the next tool! Post up and let me know how long it took you!

antihero3000
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I think he has an 03
    Is 6 years the lifespan of the standard exhaust?

Morri7
    I think that sounds about right. I replaced mine last year about this time and the original exhaust was on its way out. I might have got another 6 months to a year out of it - making it 6 years old. It was the only way I could justify the Milltek to my wife! "I think the exhaust is about to go and I don't think it'll make the MOT next year....."

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Morri7 View Post
    I think that sounds about right. I replaced mine last year about this time and the original exhaust was on its way out. I might have got another 6 months to a year out of it - making it 6 years old. It was the only way I could justify the Milltek to my wife! "I think the exhaust is about to go and I don't think it'll make the MOT next year....."

Mines was 6 and a half years old and it was on it's last legs, funny i used the same excuse too for my meercat exhaust