Window Tinting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Here is my previous S. It was done at tinthaus Edinburgh and cost about £160. It was the light tint and pretty close to the factory tint.

Smitty
    Could be worth looking into a group-buy for tints - a few seem interested and I am too if they are not much more than £100.

Pretty sure our sponsors could do us a good deal if there was commitment from a few of us

Could all take a trip to them on the same day if they had the manpower!

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Not a bad idea smitty. How would we go about this? Should I edit the first post to include all interested or start a new thread? I may e-mail them if I get enough interest. So if you are interested then let me know and I'll put your name down on the first post.

I know they don't usually do a sat unless it's the only day you could go and they were ok with it being the only day I could go, but maybe if there were a few of us that would make it better for them coming in on a day they don't usually work?

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferengo View Post
    Didn't think yours was factory tints?

Yip She was born with them! lol

Smitty
    Not a bad idea smitty. How would we go about this? Should I edit the first post to include all interested or start a new thread? I may e-mail them if I get enough interest. So if you are interested then let me know and I'll put your name down on the first post.

I know they don't usually do a sat unless it's the only day you could go and they were ok with it being the only day I could go, but maybe if there were a few of us that would make it better for them coming in on a day they don't usually work?

I reckon ask the question to MINI Designs first, then start up a new thread.

Timing could be an issue with me being down South and away from my car - but I'll try and get something arranged to be home at that time, or get parents to take the car.

Car
    R53 GP
    Also try motorwerks in aberdeen, did my dads car with the midnight stuff and it turned out awesome. Hit me up for contact details if interested

Forbes
    I am interested, if there was a good deal. It is on my list of to do's but near the bottom at the moment.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I have midnight tint on my rear windows and from the inside it doesn't look very dark at all... I think it looks great

as Ryan mentioned - the fronts are already tinted by the manufacturer to the legal max so no tinting them without it being illegal (that's my KenL bit finished )

GCA3N
    Ok, I've toying with this idea ever since I got the MINI. My last car came with limo black tinted windows in the back and I loved the look. So I got a quote from Minidesigns and I really am thinking on getting it done, but a few people have put me off by saying "It draws attention to the car as they think you're trying to hide something".

Anyone had any problems from tinting their windows? Has it brought unwanted attention to your car? Do you think it's a good idea?

I got the limo tints, for the look and the privacy. I have had no untoward attention, however it really does restrict your veiwing i've had a couple of close ones where i have just not seen something. Would however not take them off, think the car looks much better with them

Car
    R53 GP
    Quote Originally Posted by greig allan View Post
    think the car looks much better with them
    Agree. I was worried when I got told to take my fronts off that the car would look like a van, actually prefer it though!