Bird S**t

camjay
    Any tips for getting dried in bird **** off without damaging my paintwork! The guy up the road from me has pigeons and I'm sick to death of the little buggers crapping all over my car. I've learned my lesson from before - scratched my last car trying to get it off! Apart from taking pot shots at the little buggers, any tips?? TA

Hot water is your friend.

Is it a recent poo??
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    yeah a rather hot water soked cloth and fold it up and lay it on the poop for a couple mins if its dried on. Then turn over cloth and wipe it off. I have seen bird poops etch into a paint surface within just 24 hours.

camjay
    Hiya. Yes I think its fairly recent, Its on my roof but stangely enough I didn't spot it until today, and my roof's black!! It had dried in though and very thick!! Sorry - way too much information. Yuck!

camjay
    Thanks for the tips. As I said, this happened to me before. I couldn't believe the damage it caused the last time, so I didn't want to go in there gung ho and wreck my paintwork. I try to keep my car in the garage most of the time, but there's no escaping these little bleeders!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    yeah a rather hot water soked cloth and fold it up and lay it on the poop for a couple mins if its dried on. Then turn over cloth and wipe it off. I have seen bird poops etch into a paint surface within just 24 hours.
    To true Ian. I once had a new 1996 Corsa & lived in a town 'overrun' with seagulls. One day I spotted a 'splat' on the bonnet & (sorry folks ) forgot to attend to the stuff for a day or so. From that day onwards at certain angles/light you could still see the outline of crap

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination