Folk with Non Runflat Tyres & No Spare Wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AberdeenMini
    What do you do in the event of a puncture? I've heard people talk about Mobility kits but I dont know what i'm gona do if i get a puncture on the motorway so what have you guys done?

Cheers.

Wul
    Find your local installer of this stuff www.tyresafe.com and for £20(for all 4) it will seal all your puntures up to 6mm for the life of the tyre - i've had it in mines for 2 years now with no probs (admittedly I have runflats) but it works just as well on standard tyres.

Or you can get the mobility kit from www.newminisports.co.uk or got to halfrauds and buy a can of tyre weld!

GAJ
    I've got tyre weld in the boot and my fingers crossed!
    Worst case scenario is a call to MINI assist or whatever it is called!

Julz
    I have tyre weld too, re-inflates the tyre, fills the hole and enables you to trundle home or to your nearest rip-off tyre centre!!:clown:

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I tried the BMW supplied tyre weld and pump when I got a puncture but It did not seal the hole so I had to drive home on it (2 miles). I've now got a tube of tyre weld but not had to use it. I do tend to carry around a spare wheel on the back seat now if going any distance as the tyre weld is just a "get you home" solution and if I'm out doing something and get a puncture I want to be able to change the wheel and simple carry on.

AberdeenMini
    Cheers guys i'm off to Halfords to buy some tyre weld then!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

I'm sure i've got a tin of that in my garage, i had that initially and then opted for the mobility kit.
    You can have it if you want it, could maybe meet you in Aberdeen soon :)

AberdeenMini
    Ok mate, that would be great! I'm not planning on any long distance driving in the near future so i hopefully should be safe, just let me know, thanks :)

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini

I'm sure i've got a tin of that in my garage, i had that initially and then opted for the mobility kit.
    You can have it if you want it, could maybe meet you in Aberdeen soon :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I should be back to work on Monday next week, will post back when my car is sorted

AberdeenMini
    Cheers min